Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for L.A. Entertainment Attorney Recommendations

My partner and I have had options before, but we're about to make our first sale and finally become WGA members. An A-list actor with a studio deal has confirmed he wants to buy and make one of our screenplays. We're looking for an entertainment attorney to negotiate the deal on our behalf for 5%. Anybody have one they recommend?

Joan

Re: Looking for L.A. Entertainment Attorney Recommendations

My EA does a good job for me:

http://firemark.com/
    Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

I do not, but I could not help going off topic to say Congratulations!

Comment

I would just start a search in google for Entertainment Lawyers and then look at reviews and such.

But CONGRATULATIONS that's a huge deal!!!!!
        Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do amazing things - it's called a trash CAN not a trash cannot

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Congratulations!

Do your reps not have any recs?

Comment

I can't help you there either, but I just wanted to chime in with my Congrats!
              PuppyTummy.com

Comment

We don't have any reps now. We have had lawyers and reps in the past. What happened in this situation is, some of the women in my condo complex including me were trying to rescue the stray cats nearby, and I finally said I needed to go in and finish editing somebody's screenplay. One of my neighbors asked if I was a writer or an editor, and I said both. She asked if I had a script that would be right for a certain A-list actor, and I said yes and emailed it to her. Without even reading it first, she emailed it to her co-worker whose job it is to seek out projects for this actor. That woman loved it and had the actor read it and he loved it too. He got busy with other projects and none of us heard from him all through awards season, but the 2 women just had a meeting with him, and my friend tell me he still plans to make our movie. I'm taking her word for all this but still am eager for proof that this is actually happening. : )

Originally posted by slupo View Post
                Congratulations!

Do your reps not have any recs?

Comment

Buy that cat a gold necklace

Congrats

Comment

I highly recommend Derek Kroeger: http://www.mymangreenspan.com

Congrats on your sale, Joan!

Comment

Good idea!

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                      Buy that cat a gold necklace

Congrats

Comment

Thanks for all the wishes and recommendations. I'll let you know more when I have something set in stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Joaneasley View Post
                          We don't have any reps now. We have had lawyers and reps in the past. What happened in this situation is, some of the women in my condo complex including me were trying to rescue the stray cats nearby, and I finally said I needed to go in and finish editing somebody's screenplay. One of my neighbors asked if I was a writer or an editor, and I said both. She asked if I had a script that would be right for a certain A-list actor, and I said yes and emailed it to her. Without even reading it first, she emailed it to her co-worker whose job it is to seek out projects for this actor. That woman loved it and had the actor read it and he loved it too. He got busy with other projects and none of us heard from him all through awards season, but the 2 women just had a meeting with him, and my friend tell me he still plans to make our movie. I'm taking her word for all this but still am eager for proof that this is actually happening. : )
                          So this is literally a "save the cat" sale?

Comment

Ha! I guess it is! A toast to the late, great Blake Snyder who was kind and encouraging to us and many others.

Originally posted by jcpdoc View Post
                            So this is literally a "save the cat" sale?

Comment

Hilary Bibicoff. Went to high school with her. Very sharp

Comment

Working...
                              X