Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails Unanswered

I got a read request from a really good agency, and I'm very excited about getting my script read by them. But they asked to get it notarized, which is odd for an unsolicited materials agreement (I've never had to get it notarized before) but I thought no problem, this is fine. So I went to a notary and they had a problem because it was from California, so I emailed the agency back to see if that was okay and they said that was fine. The notary had another issue with the form, so I emailed Thursday. They didn't respond. I emailed a follow up email on Saturday cause this is time sensitive because I'm going on a trip in a week. They didn't respond. What is happening? Are they no longer interested because I had some questions about getting it notarized? Weird thing is they just stopped. We had a good conversation and then it just stopped. What do you think is going on? How should I proceed? Am I just being paranoid? Thanks!
    Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do amazing things - it's called a trash CAN not a trash cannot

Re: Emails Unanswered

Originally posted by worldandmore View Post
    I got a read request from a really good agency, and I'm very excited about getting my script read by them. But they asked to get it notarized, which is odd for an unsolicited materials agreement (I've never had to get it notarized before) but I thought no problem, this is fine. So I went to a notary and they had a problem because it was from California, so I emailed the agency back to see if that was okay and they said that was fine. The notary had another issue with the form, so I emailed Thursday. They didn't respond. I emailed a follow up email on Saturday cause this is time sensitive because I'm going on a trip in a week. They didn't respond. What is happening? Are they no longer interested because I had some questions about getting it notarized? Weird thing is they just stopped. We had a good conversation and then it just stopped. What do you think is going on? How should I proceed? Am I just being paranoid? Thanks!
    The fact is, your script/situation is literally at the bottom of their totem pole. They have hundreds of more pressing things, and if it's a big agency, they're crazy busy. Most likely they will either:

A. E-mail you back eventually (could be a week later).

B. Have forgotten about it/decided it's not worth the trouble at this point.

People in Hollywood are notorious for dropping off the map/not answering e-mails...and I'm talking about with people they actually are working with, let alone requesting an unsolicited script.

Sucks, but that's the reality of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
      The fact is, your script/situation is literally at the bottom of their totem pole. They have hundreds of more pressing things, and if it's a big agency, they're crazy busy. Most likely they will either:

A. E-mail you back eventually (could be a week later).

B. Have forgotten about it/decided it's not worth the trouble at this point.

People in Hollywood are notorious for dropping off the map/not answering e-mails...and I'm talking about with people they actually are working with, let alone requesting an unsolicited script.

Sucks, but that's the reality of it.
      Yeah, thank you for your advice. They actually responded like fifteen minutes after I posted this thread. Sorry for freaking out, turns out I am paranoid
      Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do amazing things - it's called a trash CAN not a trash cannot

Comment

What agency? Notarazing a release (I assume it is?) does sound odd.

But if you really want, just go to another notary. They'll probably just notarize the damn thing and you can send it.

Comment

Really, find another notary. The one in question sounds like an officious weenie.

Comment

Originally posted by slupo View Post
            What agency? Notarazing a release (I assume it is?) does sound odd.
            Agreed. Never heard of that.
            DOPE CITY

Comment

I had something notarized recently and the notary told me some new law in California passed so they have to have a specific form with a disclaimer before California notaries are legally able to sign.
              Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was odd to have to get a release form notarized, but none the less I did it and got it notarized. It seems silly, but I guess they just want to make sure that everything's legal.

Comment

I've never ever heard of this. I would have balked and moved on.

Comment

Honestly, the moment pushback on a query is too much, they're likely to drop it.

It's not worth the hassle for them. So they probably put you in the "problem" pile and promptly forgot about you.

Comment

Never heard of the practice of having a release form notarized, but if logistics become an issue, one might want to use notarycam.com, an online notary service, which might be quicker and more convenient in many cases.

Comment

Yes I did use an electronic notary service - made sure it was okay with the agency first. It was fast and easy! Would recommend to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by worldandmore View Post
                          Yes I did use an electronic notary service - made sure it was okay with the agency first. It was fast and easy! Would recommend to anyone.
                          Cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X