Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbound Hard Copy ? - Question

This may be a dumb question, but.....After sending a query letter, an agent requested I send my full screenplay as an "unbound hard copy". Now, obviously I will not send it with the brads or anything, but should it still be 3 hole punched, or no?

Re: Unbound Hard Copy ? - Question

For me. No punch. They're asking for an archaic delivery method. Let them punch holes in the script... literally.
    DOPE CITY

Comment

I posted this on another site, and 3 separate people told me to send it 3 hole punched, and with brads.....I was told when they say "unbound", they just don't want it glued or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrainstorm215 View Post
        I posted this on another site, and 3 separate people told me to send it 3 hole punched, and with brads.....I was told when they say "unbound", they just don't want it glued or anything like that.
        That is right. I've dealt with this for submissions with companies I've worked for in the past. Don't bind with glue or ring comb. Send on three hole punch with two brads -- one in top hole and a second in the third/bottom hole. Why they aren't asking for a PDF is a tiny bit strange and wasteful but yes, you should be great with brads, for whatever that is worth to know.
        Will
        Done Deal Pro
        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Thank you. They actually want a hard copy and adigital copy as well.

Comment

I imagine I'm not the only one who prefers to read a hard copy to something on a screen.

I worked at one place where only the head of the company got to read hard copies because it cost money to print stuff and he was a cheap bastard. That place would also have people send both PDF's and hard copies.

Who knows. Maybe you're sending a script to my old boss. If you are, tell him to jump off a bridge for me!

Comment

Originally posted by juunit View Post
              Who knows. Maybe you're sending a script to my old boss. If you are, tell him to jump off a bridge for me!
              Ha. That's the one time I've lol'd here.

I suppose you guys have a point, I do miss 'holding' my script after it's been bound by ___ agency with their cover. Just felt more tangible than 1's and 0's.

And I do prefer to print my own script to check the read/typos/edits. So... maybe this shitty industry is brainwashing me.
              DOPE CITY

Comment

Originally posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
                Send on three hole punch with two brads
                Why?

Comment

Send on three hole punch with two brads

Why?
                  Almost a Zen question.

Would you ask this question if hole-punch equipment only made two holes?

Would you want five brads if the hole puncher made five holes?

The paper has three holes because the paper is manufactured or punched for three-ring notebooks, not for Hollywood scripts.

You only need two brads to do the job, and a third is just another to hassle with and snag on things (including your fingers).

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
                    Almost a Zen question.

Would you ask this question if hole-punch equipment only made two holes?

Would you want five brads if the hole puncher made five holes?

The paper has three holes because the paper is manufactured or punched for three-ring notebooks, not for Hollywood scripts.

You only need two brads to do the job, and a third is just another to hassle with and snag on things (including your fingers).
                    Exactly. Also, it's a waste of a brad. Not only that, but particularly years ago when all scripts were hard copies, it was a pain to have to take out (and later put back) a third brad for every script you needed to make copies of. (I made a lot of copies.) It's also a pain for an office PA who is running off tons of scripts for the crew to have to put in that extra brad.

Two is perfect for holding a script together. Three is simply overkill and a waste of a brad. It really is a "standard"/traditional way of doing it.
                    Will
                    Done Deal Pro
                    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Working...
                    X