Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Am I Not Still Satisfied?

I went out and pursued an A-list agent. Had a rep for being picky. He hip pockets me and doesn't sign me.

So I send agent script, he thinks its great. Still prefers not to sign me. I am still in the hip pocket zone.

Now, the script doesn't seem to move any producer/studio. So I decided to shop it around myself.

I nail two MAJOR production companies that have major studio deals and they are willing to have a read. The agent submits the script (we have a good relationship insofar as me being proactive and shopping around myself).

Now I am CC'd on all correspondence between prod company and "my agent". It's a good healthy and open relationship.

Has anyone done this and if so, could you tell me your experience and its outcome?

Thanks
    sigpicWriting is re-writing

Re: Why Am I Not Still Satisfied?

Originally posted by pickerman123 View Post
    I went out and pursued an A-list agent. Had a rep for being picky. He hip pockets me and doesn't sign me.

So I send agent script, he thinks its great. Still prefers not to sign me. I am still in the hip pocket zone.

Now, the script doesn't seem to move any producer/studio. So I decided to shop it around myself.

I nail two MAJOR production companies that have major studio deals and they are willing to have a read. The agent submits the script (we have a good relationship insofar as me being proactive and shopping around myself).

Now I am CC'd on all correspondence between prod company and "my agent". It's a good healthy and open relationship.

Has anyone done this and if so, could you tell me your experience and its outcome?

Thanks
    You're not satisfied because you still haven't achieved your goal-- which is to sell the damn thing or get a gig off of it.

I feel ya'. I have a manager and will have three solid pieces ready in a couple of weeks. One is in the #2 position TRACKER on the real time top list on the Black List (it got 8s), posted a new one that's being read by few studios and prodcos, and will have a pilot ready to go out in the next few weeks--

I'm looking for an agent next, so I'm still a step behind you.

Good luck with your reads, and to getting you movie made.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
    X