I think I'm ready for an agent/manager....or am I???

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I'm ready for an agent/manager....or am I???

So I am fairly new to writing, with a feature and two specs under my belt and a pilot in development. My feature placed semi-finalist in a couple competitions (stage 32 and scriptapalooza) and quarter-finalist in one, and 2nd place at LAIFFA. One of my specs went second round at Austin FF this year. I'm still learning, in school at UCLA.

Is it too early for an agent? I really want to sell my feature script but don't know how to even go about getting an agent. Any advice here? thanks!

Re: I think I'm ready for an agent/manager....or am I???

odds are you're probably not ready for an agent yet. you may be ready for a manager. query your best script to the ones located in LA and see how they respond

Comment

how do you find the managers and their info and would you query a spec script to any of them? particularly if it placed well in a competition?

Comment

Have any of your screenwriting professors at ucla read your script? Do they think you're ready for a rep?

Comment

Yes I have had my feature and one spec read by different professors. We havent really talked about agents actually but one of my professors said "I believe you are a gifted writer with strong commercial potential", so take that for what its worth. Which may be nothing lol.

Comment

If you have a screenwriting prof at UCLA who loves your work, he/she would be the person to ask your question. Representation generally comes through referals. It's actually a small world. Any film prof there would know someone. But DON'T ask them to refer you. Simply ask if they think you're ready and how you should go about looking for representation. Leave it to them if they want to offer help - without any pressure. If they do, great! If not, listen to their advice, thank them, and leave it at that. And then go write the next script.

Comment

good advice will ask her today.

Comment

Working...
              X