Changing agencies question (warning: silly)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing agencies question (warning: silly)

First: this is a silly, trivial question, so if you have little appetite for those, please, read no further.

My issue is: I'm changing agencies for the first time in my (relatively brief) career, and I was wondering whether I ought to send out an email to the CEs with whom I've recently met and/or worked to let them know of the change.

But... is that a bush league move? Should I just change my info on IMDb and with the Guild, hope somebody else changes it on Studio System, and move on?

Or is an "I've moved" email de rigueur? Or is it optional? Or am I overthinking this?

I told you it was silly.

Re: Changing agencies question (warning: silly)

I have not a clue about the 'standard' response to this circumstance, because I don't even have a rep, but one should never avoid any opportunity to get your name in front of past acquaintances.

I'm the shyest bloke on the planet, but even I would see this as a chance to sell myself, remind people of what I've written lately, awards/notoriety won, etc. etc.

It's about being proactive, too. Your agents (from what I have heard) may be great folks, but they have multiple clients and only YOU are always going to be thinking about what's best for YOU.

Now, I'm not saying to be annoying about it, and the wording may be something the rest of the group here can chime in on. But as to whether it's 'allowed'? Sheesh. Why ask?

Comment

It's not generally done. Change your IMDbPro, make sure your new agents change StudioSystem and that's it. If you are in an exchange with any of the execs for other reasons, add it in as a "by the way."

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

what do the new reps suggest?

how did you do it, btw?

Comment

Originally posted by vstm10 View Post
            what do the new reps suggest?

how did you do it, btw?
            I took Northbank's advice, which felt like the right move: I changed it w/the Guild and on IMDbPro and left it at that (I assume my new reps changed it on Studio System, since no one has had any trouble figuring out who reps me).

Comment

It's not a silly question, but in my experience the answer is no. Especially if these are CEs who you've only met generally. (If you have projects in development with them, or are up for an OWA, that's a different story.)

But otherwise just give your new reps a list of all the execs you've met with so they know whose radar you are already on.
              Write, rite, wright... until you get it RIGHT.

Comment

Working...
              X