Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniela Garcia-Brcek - Circle of Confusion

Does anybody have any dealings and/or experiences to share on her? Thanks.

Re: Daniela Garcia-Brcek - Circle of Confusion

If you haven't already, check out the Screencraft podcast (which I think is defunct, now). It's two years old, but there's a full episode that's an interview with just her and she'd just become a manager.

I haven't had any dealings with her, but based on that interview I put her on my list of people to query...

Comment

Thanks! Will do!

Comment

She read something of mine once. She was super excited about it, said it was great. She was going to pass it around to some other people at Circle and then bring me in to meet the team.

Some time passed.

When I followed up, she replied with a terse "We do not believe in this project enough to pursue it."

No "what else you got?"
        No "I'd love to meet you anyway."
        No "You have an open door here."

It was weird.

To me it meant that she was either untruthful in her initial interactions with me, or has too little faith in her own tastes to pursue something past an initial "no."

It so happens that I was referred to her a year later with a different script. She had no idea that we had interacted previously. That second time, I was the one who did not believe in the relationship enough to pursue it further.

Comment

People like her personally, but there are just so many horror stories involving that company that I'd proceed with caution if I were you. Good luck!

Comment

i got the exact same response from her as Bunker. long live this forum.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Comment

I met her at a conference and she read something of mine and passed. She seems like a nice person but kind of a follower rather than a champion, and that opinion is irrespective of her passing on my material, but rather what I gleaned from dealings with other people there.

Comment

Originally posted by muckraker View Post
                  I met her at a conference and she read something of mine and passed. She seems like a nice person but kind of a follower rather than a champion, and that opinion is irrespective of her passing on my material, but rather what I gleaned from dealings with other people there.
                  Definitely worth noting. I appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cayden Black View Post
                    Does anybody have any dealings and/or experiences to share on her? Thanks.
                    Walk away. Totally unprofessional and not all that bright. "alley Girl" speak, etc.

She was a junior manager when she took me on for about a year. Loved everything I had, gave notes, etc. THEN, around Christmas time, she told me that she'd been promoted and her colleagues (aka, her boss?) had advised her to "let me go" because I didn't have a big action flick in my roster.

Another wasted year. Just further proof what big $#%&)$@! these people can be.

Comment

I meant 'Valley Girl," sorry.

Just hearing about her gets me worked up.

Comment

Well damn. This just keeps getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by MargoChanning View Post
                          Walk away. Totally unprofessional and not all that bright. "alley Girl" speak, etc.
                          Originally posted by MargoChanning View Post
                          I meant 'Valley Girl," sorry.
                          Yes, I thought that was unfair to 'alley girls', who are often very bright and professional.
                          Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
                          "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Crayon View Post
                            Yes, I thought that was unfair to 'alley girls', who are often very bright and professional.
                            Noted! I've been down an alley or two, myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Crayon View Post
                              Noted: I've been down one or two alleys, myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X