Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sci Fi Managers?

Maybe being too specious here but anyone out there hip to managers with a sci fi bend to material..?

Re: Sci Fi Managers?

If you've got a DDP subscription, you can filter by sci-fi deals and see which managers were involved in the sales.

I did this recently - very useful for building up a more targeted list.

Comment

Great idea, thx!

Comment

While submitting to a rep who has an obvious proclivity for a specific genre (ex: reps numerous prominent sci-fi writers) does seem like a good idea, it's possible that their roster may be filled with clients in that genre already and they'd welcome a writer who specializes in a different genre.

I spoke with lit manager Kailey Marsh a while back. She obviously has a lot of interest in the horror genre, having created the Bloodlist, and represents numerous writers in that category. She was not reading any more horror writers at that time since she already had a bunch on her roster but was actively looking for action and comedy writers.

I'm not saying your plan of approaching sci-fi writers' reps is a bad one. I'm merely suggesting that you don't limit yourself to that since that rep who has a ton of established comedy writers might just be looking for a sci-fi writer to add to their client list. Something to consider.

Good luck!
        http://www.scriptsandscribes.com/

Comment

an additional consideration is that if they have 25 sci-fi feature writers, that means each one of her other clients could very well be competing against you for the same job opportunities.

it begs the question, which writer will be put up for the gig first? a seasoned writer with a $500,000 quote or a baby writer writing for guild mins.

i'm not trying to discourage you, but rather to arm you with information that will allow you to make an educated decision.
          "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
          X