Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spiteful Gersh Agents?

today's update as of 1:05 pm. ATA still pissed off that Verve signed and are trying to spin it, but the truth is, they're mad that Verve signed. that's what i get out of it. all they want to do is be able to NOT be transparent.

what do you think?

https://deadline.com/2019/05/ata-att...rs-1202620698/
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
      today's update as of 1:05 pm. ATA still pissed off that Verve signed and are trying to spin it, but the truth is, they're mad that Verve signed. that's what i get out of it. all they want to do is be able to NOT be transparent.

what do you think?

This reaction was just further embarrassment for them. It was a chance to calmly say they respect an agency’s right to choose but disagree with their choice, yada yada. Instead, yet again, they pitch a fit and resort to lies and fear-mongering. Next probably comes the bullying and threats against Verve, if they haven’t already (behind the scenes).
      Last edited by Lahlowen; 05-28-2019, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post

what do you think?

i think:

1. all the anecdotal evidence i've seen on screenwriting twitter is that Verve's phones have been ringing steadily in the past few weeks with calls from potential new clients

2. in about 90 days, however many new clients Verve does end up signing will start sending out new pilots to the studios and networks for development, many of which will likely be picked up

3. the ATA agents who have been fired by their clients will not be sending out many new pilots (if at all) during the same time. those agents (imo) will be thinking long and hard about how long they and their ATA agency can afford to wait out the WGA if this pattern is going to persist beyond the upcoming pilot season

4. the fact that Endeavor filed paperwork for its IPO the day after the WGA agreed to reopen negotiations with the ATA tells you everything you need to know about the good faith in which the agencies are conducting their side of the bargaining. if WME had a claim before about packaging fees and production arms not being conflicts of interests that even passed the giggle test, imposing a newer, higher fiduciary duty of their officers and directors to Wall Street shareholders pretty much throws that argument out the window.

Comment

Super late to the party...

What went on with Gersh was BS. Agreed.

Also, check out this similar story. I should out my ex for being a biznatch. F' that chick!: But... I thought we were friends at the time, after a divorce. I was repped by the same shop she was at, though she didn't rep me, someone else there did. She specifically asked me to not leave this shop, asked me to give one of her colleagues a shot. Which I did. This was TV season last year. I got 3 shows saying "Love his work, we're keeping him on the list moving forward." I'm stoked, right? This is late in the season. Time is critical. My ex emails me that she demanded her partner drop me, all my meetings are canceled. WTF!? "We need to distance ourselves. Etc" Bullsh!t you're tying to fukkin ruin me, don't pretend I don't know how sleazy agents are. I had several meetings set for several shows. She canceled every one of them. I couldn't agent/manager up in time to reschedule the meetings. My entire season fukked off. May have cost me a show.

I think in these scenarios you gotta let the writer contact you direct if someone's trying to ruin them. It's not like the agent/manager is in the room with you anyway, nor are they writing the goddamn show, so who cares if the writer emails you direct? It's not THEIR friggin meeting to cancel.
          Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
            i think:

1. all the anecdotal evidence i've seen on screenwriting twitter is that Verve's phones have been ringing steadily in the past few weeks with calls from potential new clients

2. in about 90 days, however many new clients Verve does end up signing will start sending out new pilots to the studios and networks for development, many of which will likely be picked up

3. the ATA agents who have been fired by their clients will not be sending out many new pilots (if at all) during the same time. those agents (imo) will be thinking long and hard about how long they and their ATA agency can afford to wait out the WGA if this pattern is going to persist beyond the upcoming pilot season

4. the fact that Endeavor filed paperwork for its IPO the day after the WGA agreed to reopen negotiations with the ATA tells you everything you need to know about the good faith in which the agencies are conducting their side of the bargaining. if WME had a claim before about packaging fees and production arms not being conflicts of interests that even passed the giggle test, imposing a newer, higher fiduciary duty of their officers and directors to Wall Street shareholders pretty much throws that argument out the window.

TRUTH!
            Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Working...
            X