How significant are "Special Thanks" credits?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How significant are "Special Thanks" credits?

I wrote the first draft of an indie adaption for a producer (i've posted on here before about it). Several other writers have come on for rewrites and the script bears no resemblance to what I wrote. It's an indie, so obviously at this point I'm not expecting a written by credit. The producer, however, has promised a "Special thanks" credit. I'm happy to get it, but obviously that's not what I was after.

My reaction was clearly positive and appreciative. However, apparently I wasn't excited enough as the producer was vocally disappointed that I wasn't "More pumped." He keeps saying "you'll get a credit, that means a lot. you should be happy, man!"

I'm not unhappy. It's just not what I was shooting for. I think my reaction was normal. And again, nothing but positive.

So my question is, is this dude nuts or are Special Thanks credits actually worth something??

To be honest, they don't mean a whole lot to anyone except maybe someone's parents. These are at the end of the end credits roll. They frequently give out "special thanks" credits like lollipops. Also, pretty much every GoFundMe film has a long list of "special thanks to all who gave money from say $25 and up. Nothing wrong with them, and yeah, someone did say, "thanks." But professionally, speaking it counts for nothing in pretty much 99.999% of the cases.
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 01-24-2021, 08:24 PM.
    Will
    Done Deal Pro
    www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Yep, pretty much exactly what I thought. ?

Comment

Why should you be happy if that wasn't your goal?

Has the mission been completed?

No.

Try again, again, until you accomplish what you want.

Then you can smile.

Comment

Working...
        X