Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for useful information

I've had a bit of a hunt around (googled) and can't find anything useful on this.

Does anyone know what the biggest budget movie produced which has gone through Blacklist process, or inkspot or the like?

Are the 'success' stories all tiny budget and thus tiny screenwriter paydays?
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Yes. 99% of them are low budget.... most very low budget... thus low paydays. That's the reality of the business right now.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
      Yes. 99% of them are low budget.... most very low budget... thus low paydays. That's the reality of the business right now.
      What is low budget these days? I dreamed of making my CLERKS for under 50K -- but is low budget now blumhouse 1 to 5 miillon dollar movie now? Or 100 million marvel movie?

They don't make the 30 to 75 million dollar movies anymore. The ones we all grew up on and love. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
        That's pretty much what I was thought
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

What is low budget these days? I dreamed of making my CLERKS for under 50K -- but is low budget now blumhouse 1 to 5 miillon dollar movie now? Or 100 million marvel movie?

They don't make the 30 to 75 million dollar movies anymore. The ones we all grew up on and love. Sad.
          Fortunately, streamers are reviving that price point. Without the necessity of a prohibitive marketing spend that makes something have to hit like 2.5X of its budget, it becomes a much better proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post

Tom Hanks' movie Greyhound was supposed to have been 50 odd million and sold to Apple TV for (maybe) 70. Just because it's a Tom Hanks movie in the desperate times of COVID?
            I liked it but I'm a WW2 geek, can't see that working with my partner or kids (so I watched it alone, all so alone..... sniff-sniff.)
            I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X