Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writers need RESPECT!!!!!

When will the hurting on the job stop? When will writers stopped being humiliated and insulted to the point epic stress by the producers and showrunners ?
    Done Deal Pro
    Administrator
    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 05-21-2021, 04:03 PM. Reason: Formatting and spelling

When someone has the balls, regardless of the risk, to stand up in front of everyone and demand it.
    "Reserving rights to comment and make changes."
    Hollywood producer

Comment

If it makes you feel better most workers are treated like crap by the people in power. It's not just Hollywood. It's always the case. It sucks. Just saying.

Comment

I guess I've been pretty lucky. in 25+ years of doing this, the vast majority of producers I've dealt with have been great.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
          I guess I've been pretty lucky. in 25+ years of doing this, the vast majority of producers I've dealt with have been great.
          I haven't gotten far enough to get treated like full crap yet. (sad face).

Comment

Originally posted by WRITERRIVERS View Post
            When will the hurting on the job stop? When will writers stopped being humiliated and insulted to the point epic stress by the producers and showrunners ?
            F'ing showrunners.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post

Comment

Comment

Another reason why I only fully trust fellow writers for help in Hollywood. (At least most of you).

Comment

Oh. I've been lied to. A lot. Wrote on spec. Wasted a lot of time. Mostly at the beginning of the career. Some pretty awful stuff. Nothing like what happened to you, AnyOtherName. That sucks bigtime. But I stopped working on anything there was no contract on, because of the burns. Yes, it has cost me some projects, but in the long run my sanity was preserved. I just had a Zoom meeting with a bunch of people who had notes on a script. I told them, thank you, as soon as my agent has a contract I can sign, we're in business. The younger people feigned shock. The boss? She said, "Good for you." My agent called later and said he's waiting for the option deal.

Like Jeff, who I have a lot of respect for, said... when it works, it's like what you dreamed about. That makes all the other crap kinda livable.

Comment

Kicked off the project you created you're saying? I would kick some doors down if that was the case, straight up. Didn't you copyright or register that?

Comment

Working...
                      X