Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 30 Rock Scabs episode sounds like great fun. Yes, it's a stunt, but a timely one. Given it's a stunt spec episode maybe lean in to the "period piece" of it all from '07 and use Myspace and Blackberries etc. as part of the gag.

Comment

You should send it out, Bono.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        Maybe I can get some juice going on my 30 Rock spec called SCABS written during the last strike where Liz Lemon is forced to put on a show with a bunch of scabs including the hot dog cart vendor or the show will be cancelled forever.
        Is it the hotdog vendor from the pilot episodes where she buys all the hot dogs? Sounds like a fun take for that show.

Comment

I should probably find a way to make it more 2023 than using an old TV show fro 2007 with outdated jokes if I was going to do it. I was kidding about using an old 2007 30 Rock spec, but I did think it was clever. More clever than my writing back then it seems.

I just re-read and it the setup was the flu has knocked out much of the crew, so she's forced to use Dr. Spaceman, Jonathan and Street Card Vendor who sells best Falafel in midtown. So I didn't do the hot dog guy but was thinking about that.

I guess this is written around season 2 or 3 I think as Josh is still in my spec.

Comment

Chicago Hot Sauce

Is a parody or rip off of the "Chicago" series. I never wrote it.

Comment

All spec episodes are stunts now. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using an old show for a stunt. I’ve read dick van dyke show stunt specs that agents were sending around.

Comment

I should probably find a way to make it more 2023 than using an old TV show fro 2007 with outdated jokes if I was going to do it. I was kidding about using an old 2007 30 Rock spec, but I did think it was clever.
                Outdated jokes, sure, freshen it up. But the last strike was '07, 30 Rock was on the air and it's the only appropriate show as it has WGA writers as characters. I think there's comedy in fighting over dvd profits and Netflix being a mail only service. Period piece deliberately but fresh jokes and pov. imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
                  Chicago Hot Sauce

Is a parody or rip off of the "Chicago" series. I never wrote it.
                  Solid! Make it take place at a famous hot dog stand?

I still want to write my drama show spoof COP LAWYER DOCTOR -- same person has all 3 jobs and uses them each episode.

Comment

I still want to write my drama show spoof COP LAWYER DOCTOR -- same person has all 3 jobs and uses them each episode.
                    Quit changing the subject and QUERY your strike script.

Comment

Sounds like something to pitch to Rob Lowe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post

That made me laugh out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post

LOL. You must be prescient.

" Actor Rob Lowe joins writers strike at Paramount Studios: 'We're only as good as the writing we get'"
                          https://abc7.com/rob-lowe-writers-gu...trike/13206887

I guess he would know better than anyone.
                          robelowe snowwhite.jpg

Comment

Any actual WGA members or people in the know, have more info what the strike points actually are and what progress we may have made before the strike?

From outside looking in, it seems most things are more weighted toward TV writers gains vs feature writers.

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post

" Actor Rob Lowe joins writers strike at Paramount Studios: 'We're only as good as the writing we get'"

robelowe snowwhite.jpg
                              ABC7 is owned by disney. In the interview it was pointed out by the reporter that the writers were given a generous offer and the writers refused it. The disney corporation is already twisting the story to make it look like the writers are the bad guys. Fuck disney.

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post

robelowe snowwhite.jpg
                                Uncanny!

He was great in THE GRINDER + PARKS + CALIFORNICATION. He's perfect for playing the straight faced handsome guy in spoof type shows / spoofing himself, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpT8Tbthts

The agent's expression (forget his name) in this video is priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X