Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget Breakdown Samples?

I have a very... unusual question for the forum. I am meeting with a very interested potential investor next week (March 20) and am preparing my basic proposal. But I found out they want at least a rudimentary budget break down. I'm planning on hiring the line producers etc. for all that, but everything is a guess for me at this point. I can't find any samples anywhere and I could use anything, even statistical information for a film in the 20 to 35 million range with bankable actors. So far I've had people comment that the screen play is along the lines of Four Weddings and a Funeral, My Best Friends Wedding and Notting Hill (I tell you that so you know it's not a special f/x driven sci-fi movies or the like).
    I know they aren't looking for a detailed breakdown and they know it will all be in a state of flux, they just want an idea where the money goes(obviously independant investors first time movie). I don't know a producer or line producer that I could spring this on, so if anyone has some figures even in the ball park, or even in the city with a ball park I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

PS I know what you all are thinking... I'm just too stupid to know that it can't be done.

Re: Budget Breakdown Samples?

Are you asking for a budget breakdown sample? I think that's what you're looking for.

I have one a line producer created for a script I sold many moons ago. If you want it as a guide just drop me an e-mail. It's budgeted for 3 mill though, if that means anything. It's done in MM.

Comment

Pick up the book Film & Video Budgets by Simon Deke at any Barnes and Noble or Borders. Be sure it's the 4th edition. It covers EVERYTHING!
      Writer / Director available for your project.

Comment

Thanks Alveraz! Though the budget is quite different it gives me something to go on.

And thanks for the suggestion geozero, I may order that book. I live in France and can't just go to the barns and noble down the street.

Comment

Anyone want an even money bet that this meeting ends up with the 'Investors' asking how much you can put up up? Up front?

Even money was generous. Very generous.
          http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X