No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WGA late penalty

hey all,

I have worked on a project with a company that has consistently been late in paying me.

It is a WGA gig.

I just handed in the final draft and, 5 weeks later, I am still waiting to get paid.

I have no doubt that the money will come- as it always has with these people. But I noticed that the WGA has a "late penalty" fee of 1.5% per each month of late pay.

The WGA also states that payment must be received within 48 hours of a step being delivered.

Has anyone ever taken a production company to task on this? Is it more trouble than it's worth?

I just hate the idea that I have people "chasing" money for me. I would pay a plumber immediately after he fixed my sink, so why should I have to wait 2 months for $?

Re: WGA late penalty

I assume you've invoiced the company?

Payment takes time in this business. Often it takes an unfair amount of time.

Assuming there are no paperwork holdups, they should be paying you. This is always a hard question, however. Confirm that there aren't any issues, and give them a couple of weeks, then give them a heads-up that you'll be going to the guild in two weeks.

I've had to arbitrate for non-payment, but had payments take 90+ days before.

Comment

Working...
    X