Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: doesn't anyone here get it?

Y'all need to get realistic about this business.
    The business itself is not even realistic. It revolves around fantasy, made up of creative, imaginative (supposedly) people.

It's ok for a studio to make repulsive, offensive films because there are plenty of repulsive, offensive people to go see them. They make what people will go see. Hollywood is not in the business of improving society in the least bit. So for them, this is a wise choice, no worries as the trailer for this trash will say "from the people who brought you Wedding Crashers" and people will go see it. From a business standpoint it is golden.

However it doesn't make it right by any means. Until people stop watching this crap, it will continue to be made. People will continue to pitch and sell these ideas for millions while people with integrity continue to struggle to get something a little more decent made. By decent I don't mean preachy either. I'm not trying to get on a moral kick here, just talking about really horrible film ideas.

Comment

Re: Interesting Spec Script Sale

When I first glanced at this I thought it was about one boyfriend, who was an Arab, a Jew and a black man, but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

Comment

Keep in mind that this 'spec' has major-pedigree producers with last week's blockbuster to their credit. Major attachment bonus beyond what a typical spec has.

Comment

In this case, high concept means that it could be really really funny if you're high when you watch it. Of course, this is no longer an option given the high cost of movie munchies.

Comment

Working...
          X