Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Claus

This one makes me go "damn, I wish I had thought of that." The fact that Vince Vaughn is also attached certainly doesn't hurt.
    http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Re: Fred Claus

I can actually say I had the honor of typing up the original treatment for this. True story.

Ele...

Comment

How about expanding upon the story, ele?

You'll write a book report about that awful AD, but a real story that we'd like to hear you give one sentence.

Get your priorities straight, boy.

How did you end up typing the treatement?
      "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
      Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Jessie Nelson came up with the story and I used to work for her (well, her husband, more specifically). She's not very friendly with computers, so I had to type it up while she dictated the story to me. I remember thinking at the time that it was a pretty good idea. Nice and simple. A good way to look at comedic storytelling.

At the time, it seemed to me that it was going to be a very light, family film in terms of tone. I imagine that all could've changed since a writer was assigned to it. And seeing Dobkin's involvement, I doubt it will be rated G.

Ele...

Comment

Thank you.
          "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
          Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

What's the premise?
            "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
            ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Rave, you're safe

"The "Wedding Crashers" team of Vince Vaughn and director David Dobkin are at the altar for "Fred Claus," a Warner Bros. holiday comedy about Santa's loser brother.

While negotiations are just beginning, deal should see Vaughn cement his status as a comedy-carrying star by reaching the $20 million salary mark for the first time. Dan Fogelman wrote the script and Dobkin is producing with Jessie Nelson.

Comedy revolves around Santa's black-sheep brother, who heads back to the North Pole and gets a chance to redeem himself."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...lay=fred+claus
              "Boobsie is Tassle. Exotic dancer, exotic private investigator. Icy Stoli cranberry gives her the superhuman ability to project her voice to deadly decibel levels." -- StrayGatsby

Comment

I figured it was going to be in the BAD SANTA mold.

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA
                  I figured it was going to be in the BAD SANTA mold.
                  It sure wasn't when I first saw it. Hard for me to picture it that way.

Ele...

Comment

Thanks, Boobs.

"Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                    ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Raven? You're working on a family comedy?
                      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I hope they have some scenes where Vince/Fred corrupts Santa's elves and tries to seduce Mrs. Claus. If done right, that could be hilarious.

Comment

Not that anybody's asking me for my opinion, but you'd have to go medieval on my ass with a blowtorch before I'd watch this sh!t. Santa's bad brother? Is that really the best comedy idea someone could come up with? Get out of here.

-Derek
                          My Web Page - naked women, bestial sex, and whopping big lies.
                          Take the critiques you get with a grain of salt. Invariably, some of the critics will be kooks, bitter curmudgeons, or complete fools. ~odocoileus

Comment

Elephant,

Where did you work with her husband?

Comment

He's a writer/director. I worked for him as a writer's assistant.

Ele...

Comment

Working...
                              X