No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God, The Devil And Lucy

Title:God, the Devil, and Lucy
    Logline: God and the Devil who, tired of eternally fighting for human souls, decide to settle things once and for all by coming down to Earth as mortal men and competing for the love of one woman that they mutually choose. Without using any of their powers and relying only on human instinct and emotion, whoever gets the woman to say "I love you" wins all the souls of humanity.
    Writer:david Hubbard
    Agent:Rich Freeman
    Agency:Paradigm (LA)
    Lawyer:Alan Hergott
    Law Firm:Bloom Hergott Deimer Rosenthal & LaViolette, LLP
    Studio:New Line Cinema
    Prod. Co:Temple Hill Productions
    Price:Mid- to high-six figures
    Genre:Comedy
    Logged:9/18/2006
    More:Temple Hill's Wyck Godfrey & Marty Bowen will produce. New Line's Sam Brown & Kathy Busby will oversee.

Ok, I'm sure it's only me, but I think this is kinda cute.
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Re: God, The Devil And Lucy

Lemme guess, even though it probably wouldn't matter in to the REAL God and Devil (depends on your religion), Lucy will be hot as hell (pun intended).

Comment

funny! the guy who wrote something about god and the devil is actually called Hubbard!

Comment

If the Devil wins, we're doomed.

Comment

Kind of predictable...

Comment

But in a typical rom-com one guy gets the girl & they sail into the sunset together.

So I guess Lucy gets dumped by both at the end, unless either God or Devil (whichever one wins her heart) remains on earth as a mortal.

Hmmm.
            Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Reminds me a little of the original DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY.

Maybe there'd be hope if Charlie Kaufman was writing this one -- but to me, it feels forced and flat.

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
                If the Devil wins, we're doomed.
                Originally posted by RogerT View Post
                Kind of predictable...
                Exactly my thoughts. I would love to see how far they could take this if neither of the two can use their powers.
                Sounds to me like any stories with 2 guys competing for the same girl with the twist at the very end...And it looks to be another flat one.
                Nice concept though.
                A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Final twist as the attendants lead Lucy into the electroshock chamber as God and the Devil shrink - shrink - shrink back into haranguing characters on either of her shoulders.

Comment

Nah, Lucy will in fact turn out to be Mary.

Comment

The shocking twist -- Lucy's a Buddhist and tells them both to take a hike and give up their childish games.

Comment

I think the story would get a touch interesting when the devil cheats.
                        Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
                        by BellaBella

Comment

I think it would be funnier if God cheated, the Devil disapproved, and got all moralistic about it.

Comment

Originally posted by scripter1 View Post
                            I think the story would get a touch interesting when the devil cheats.
                            My thoughts Exactly. Love the potential of this one.
                            "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X