Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you pass on GOLD

Today was the first time in my career I saw a project I PASSED on get set up and move along full steam at a studio.

Damn. You gotta wonder...

Re: When you pass on GOLD

I've never been in a position to do the official passing (although I have plenty of experience as the pass-ee) but I have seen many scripts that I gave horrible "pass" coverage to during my reader days go on to be feature films. A couple even did quite well financially.

Comment

Originally posted by rockridesva View Post
      Today was the first time in my career I saw a project I PASSED on get set up and move along full steam at a studio..
      ... and? ... and? What's the scoop?

Comment

Yeah, spill the beans. And also why you passed

EJ

Comment

Today was the first time in my career I saw a project I PASSED on get set up and move along full steam at a studio.

Damn. You gotta wonder...
          Not yet. Though I did recently have to end a relationship with a writer with whom I'd been working on a very commercial project. I keep expecting to hear that it has sold, and if it does I'm gonna hate myself, though I did what I had to do....

A friend of mine passed on American Beauty, she wasn't too happy about that.

Comment

When I was an intern, I gave a pass on an early version of "The Matrix."

Comment

Originally posted by scrub 9x View Post
              When I was an intern, I gave a pass on an early version of "The Matrix."

I didn't like "The Matrix" either

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                Not yet. Though I did recently have to end a relationship with a writer with whom I'd been working on a very commercial project. I keep expecting to hear that it has sold, and if it does I'm gonna hate myself, though I did what I had to do....

A friend of mine passed on American Beauty, she wasn't too happy about that.
                If i recall, American Beauty was passed A LOT wasn't it?

As for the Matrix... either it was a bad first draft... or i don't know what else.

Comment

Oh and Rock, where's the deets, man? Can't tease us like that!

Comment

I was offered to write the script based on the book "Details" by China Mieville (now running STRONG at Paramount). I passed to pursue another adaptation with another producer, that I felt had a better chance. Long story short, a bit into the project I chose it died. The project I'd passed on went on full steam to a studio.

Comment

I was offered to write the script based on the book "Details" by China Mieville (now running STRONG at Paramount). I passed to pursue another adaptation with another producer, that I felt had a better chance. Long story short, a bit into the project I chose it died. The project I'd passed on went on full steam to a studio.
                      Google doesn't bring up a novel "Details" by China, but results from her other work, which sound interesting nontheless.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_r0 View Post
                        If i recall, American Beauty was passed A LOT wasn't it?
                        Yes it was. And more to the point, the spec script was VASTLY different from what ended up on screen.

Comment

China Miéville is a man--a British science-fiction and fantasy writer.

Comment

My apologies, "Details" is actually a short. The project I instead chose to adapt was "ICU" by Edward Lee. VERY dark, very controversial... very ME.

But sadly, very DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Schuster View Post
                              China MiƩville is a man--a British science-fiction and fantasy writer.
                              And pretty good - though perhaps a little strange for a few people's tastes. And while it bites that your project died its death, Rock, there's a lot to be said for choosing projects that fit your own particular style.

Best of luck with the next one.
                              twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Working...
                              X