Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Awesome info?

Anyone have any inside info on this? This is one of those sales that made my heart sink because it might be very similar to something I am writing. And sold by a writer with the same last name as me.
    "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Re: Captain Awesome info?

ylekot43, I don't know nothin' about it nor do I intend to. I know I'm gonna get smashed for this but I don't look to see if an idea or concept I'm about to write has been done for three reasons:

1) 'Cause I'm passionate about it and I know I'll finish it and it'll be as good as I can make it.

2) 'Cause I always try to put a unique spin on an idea in case something similar is out there like it, which there probably will be no matter what I think of.

3) It's sold but hasn't been made (not the ones that have been made). So if it hasn't been made then the movie-goers ain't seen it, yet, right? So it don't even exist in my book.

So what I'm saying is keep moving forward in a strong, positive fashion. Finish that mess and move on to your next mess and the next mess and the next.

I'll see you at the Oscars . . . okay, at the local theater . . . okay, in the unemployment line.

Corona
    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

An attorney with the last name arnold writing at night--- that is too weird

I just wish I had a logline about it. I'm positive that mine is somewhat different -- but I'm def working on a superhero/villian broad comedy. This hopefully won't kill my momentum.
      "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Title: Wrong Side of the Law
        Logline: A screenwriting lawyer realizes that he has an evil clone. He can accept the clone's murderous ways --until it steals his idea for a movie and sells it.
        Writer: Ylekot43 Arnold
        Agent: n/a
        Genre: Erotic Drama
        Logged: 11/13/2006

Comment

I'll tell you guys the title and logline when its done. I think you'll see how this one "stands out".

Comment

Given all the lawyers involved, it would be newsworthy litigation. Always a good way to create some buzz -- even of the suit has no merit.

Comment

Originally posted by boski

Great title!!!

Great first name on that writer, too. Some kin, I suppose, to THX1138. Weird family, but great with numbers...or aplhanumerics more precisely.
              On to my next project:

Title: Pants: The musical
              Logline:Rival Habedasher's fight for control of the city's thriving polyester bellbottom industry. WEST SIDE STORY meets THE PIANIST
              Genre: Children's Horror
              Writer: Ylekot43 or a distant relative just like him (except shorter).

Comment

It is impossible to find out about these "under wraps" sales

Comment

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
                  It is impossible to find out about these "under wraps" sales
                  At the risk of coming off overly smart-ass, that's the whole idea.

Comment

You --smartass? -- that's umpossible!! Why do studious do that? Are they saying its high concept?

Comment

Working...
                    X