Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The X-Files 2" Set for July 25, 2008

The believer and the skeptic are back in business.

Re: "The X-Files 2" Set for July 25, 2008

"Who?"

5 years have passed... and nearly 10 years since the first movie. They're becoming a dim memory...

...and takes the always-complicated relationship between Fox Mulder (Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Anderson) in unexpected directions.
    I wager 400 quatloos they have sex. And 200 that she's his sister.

-Derek

Nobody knows nothing, and I'm nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
      And 200 that she's his sister.
      Hahaha. It's been a while since I've seen X-Files. And I skipped the last few seasons since the show started to fizzle rather than sizzle. But, you know, the thought of that never crossed my mind.

Interesting...
      -- Another Writer

Comment

Well, David has constantly been saying in every interview and late night talk show he appears on that yes, an XF2 movie was going to be made... With or without Gillian Anderson.

There was even talk of it being a prequel to the original series -- Which makes absolutely NO SENSE because the two characters didn't know each other prior to that, but whatever.

"Who?"
        Look at it this way... Maybe a sci-fi fantasy film for us old foggies. I.E. people over 18

Considering they've already done the deed and produced a hybrid Star Child together in the last couple of episodes... This just makes that possibility one of the grossest things any two fictional characters can be, IMO.
        Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

I can't see this making much at the box office. It's past its use by date I'm afraid.

Much like the Basic Instinct sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Master of Horror View Post
            I can't see this making much at the box office. It's past its use by date I'm afraid.

I think it may very well surprise people and the box office come July.

Comment

If it can get back on track and deliver a solid Sci-Fi tale, divorcing itself from the convoluted mess it had become in its final years, I agree it could surprise people and do better than expected.
              @MacBullitt

Comment

Don't underestimate nostalgia... I bet when that theme music starts playing in the theater, there's gonna be some chills for fans... and probably some cheers.

Scully turns out to be Mulder's sister... so incredibly messed up that it's perfect.

And I'm sure that it'll be interesting than what's playing on the other screens:

Knocked Up: Terrible Two
                Medea Hooks Up
                Superbadder

The remake of The Blair Witch Project
                The Wayans Bros. version of Hogan's Heroes

... and so on.
                "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

The only way Scully can be Mulder's sister is if the new film takes place somewhere before the last few seasons where Gillian got pregnant again (in real life) and they wrote it to be Mulder and Scully's lovechild to satisfy all the female fans.

I think this is what Chris Carter has in mind because I guarantee you they wouldn't go the incest route. It's too risky on all levels. Especially because a lovechild exists as part of the cannon... And in fact, the baby is half-alien as well if memory serves me...
                  Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

God almighty, they really are scraping the barrel aren't they?

Seems some people's careers are made on remakes because their careers stall, do a back flip, hit a dead end or peter out...

Fantastic material for a book on remakes. Lots of source material to fill the book!!! And for subsequent editions.. The Remake Book IVIIVQII...

But there again I suppose there is a ready-made audience out there for this particular concept and it has a fan base.

Like one poster said, at least it is a tad more thought-provoking than the regular fair which is usually released..

I always liked the theme music, thought that was better than the show myself.. So promising and yet.......

Comment

Originally posted by Kevan View Post
                      God almighty, they really are scraping the barrel aren't they?
                      That's a pretty deep barrel you're talking about... personally, I think the rush to crank out movie versions of She-Ra, GoBots and Masters of the Universe is a little deeper in the cracker bits.
                      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

So in other words, they're putting ther "X" back into the X-Files.
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

If they make it, please let it be good. The 1st movie was sooooo boring.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Originally posted by stvnlra View Post
                            If they make it, please let it be good. The 1st movie was sooooo boring.

Why do you find the first film to be so boring? Also, there is no "if" about them making it; production is scheduled to begin next month.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
                              Why do you find the first film to be so boring? Also, there is no "if" about them making it; production is scheduled to begin next month.
                              I can't remember a thing about the plot or anything else about it other than it was slow & I was bored. It was very blah & flat & I was disappointed with it.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Working...
                              X