Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvester Stallone Has a "Death Wish"

Uh, didn't we just get this reincarnated not only once but twice this year? I'm thinking this one will probably do just as low box office business as "Death Sentence" or "The Brave One", perhaps even worse.

Then again, the public flock to theaters and make the oddest of choices time and time again so you never quite know for sure, do you?

Re: Sylvester Stallone Has a "Death Wish"

I've never seen the original (should I?)

Reading that article, it said Rocky Balboa did $80 million domestic. Is that because it was Rocky, or because Stallone is still a box office draw?

Comment

Re: Sylvester Stallone Has a "Death Wish"

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
      I've never seen the original (should I?)

Reading that article, it said Rocky Balboa did $80 million domestic. Is that because it was Rocky, or because Stallone is still a box office draw?
      A goodwill combination of both. I think there's still a great deal of audience affection for Stallone's character. I thought the film was pretty good too.

There also seems to be a lot of interest in the return of RAMBO, which I would never have believed when Stallone announced it. The dizzyingly violent trailer has generated a lot of discussion. If it does the same kind of business then he's really pulled off a comeback.

I'm guessing they're hoping THE brand name in vigilantism (DEATH WISH) and the aging action star will bring in the punters who avoided DEATH SENTENCE and gave THE BRAVE ONE moderate box-office.
      @MacBullitt

Comment

Working...
      X