Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look's like Jennifer Garner's new company is selling some things

Isn't she sort of done already, though? Isn't she a tad old for romcom's now and her box office appeal is practically nil. How the heck is she selling pitches and getting them set up? Can't see these ever getting made.

Re: Look's like Jennifer Garner's new company is selling some things

What the heck ?

'Box office appeal is practically nil'????

You've gotta be kidding.

Mac
    New blogposts:
    *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
    *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
    *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
    *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Nope. What has she opened? Juno wasn't hers, it was Ellen Page's.
      Kingdom wasn't hers either. Ensemble cast there, though it was a dud anyway.

So you have these three, the last of which is four years old, that rested on her BO appeal.

Catch and Release -- production budget $25 mil (not including P&A), worldwide BO $16 mill. FLOP.
      Elecktra -- production budget $43 mil (not including P & A), worldwide BO $56 (not a hit, but at least it didn't lose money)
      Thirteen Going on 30 -- production budget $37 (not including P & A), worldwide BO $96. [this is her only hit]

As I said, no box office appeal. At least not anymore. Her big hit was four years ago, long before Bennifer. Time for the mommy roles or ensemble pieces.

Comment

She's warm and inviting and she tests well. She's one of very few actresses who can do both comedy and action-type stuff. Also she got married and became a mom in there, so maybe cut her a little break on not churning out a movie every six months.

Also, not to be a dick, but GHOST OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST and THIS SIDE OF THE TRUTH are both projects everyone in town is kind of obsessed with, so yeah, people who aren't in the Razerfish axe-grinding club really seem to dig her.

Comment

I haven't read Ghosts but I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing Truth not because of Garner but because of Ricky Gervais and the script is funny as fvck.
          @PatriotFrames

Comment

Originally posted by razerfish View Post
            Isn't she sort of done already, though? Isn't she a tad old for romcom's now and her box office appeal is practically nil. How the heck is she selling pitches and getting them set up? Can't see these ever getting made.
            I think this is an example of personal bias getting in the way of industry analysis.

You may not like her but in the industry she's considered a big star. She's very likeable. She appeals to both men & women, and as rhubarb pointed out, can do both comedy and action.

And she's married to another movie star which brings up her name recognition.

If I was a producer and had a script for a female lead -- whatever the genre-- in her 30s, Garner would be one of the 1st I'd look into hiring.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Loves 13 Going On 30 - the BIG of the new Millenium!
              Co-written by myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnBSW...layer_embedded

Comment

She just took in one of my scripts. Gulp.

Comment

If I were you, I might think about deleting that post.

Or at the least, y'know...rethinking your anti-Garner sensibilities. I like her, by the way. She could absolutely, in my opinion, carry a film.

Elektra sucked, that's why it flopped.
                  Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

I think she is quite capable, but for a variety of reasons has never had a break-out super-hit (like Speed or Pretty Woman for some other actresses). She can be quite watchable, likable and can still kick butt, so if the stars align, she could still do it IMO.

R.O.T.

Comment

Isn't she just PRODUCING some of these projects? I don't think they're all going to be meant for her to star in. I say kudos to her for branching out and producing. At least she's doing something constructive with her money and time and not partying and getting drunk like so many of these so called hot young stars. She's very likeable to me and I think a good actress. Besides, like it's been said before, at least you don't see her with a new movie out every month, like some of these stars it seems like. I understand they've gotta keep their names out there, but sometimes I honestly think "take a frickin vacation already!" - lol. All just my 5 cents worth.
                      "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Working...
                      X