Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank logline?

Anyone know the logline for the script entitled "FRANK" Universal just purchased?

Re: Frank logline?

Are you sure it's Universal? There was this one just set up at Fox 2000:

A teenage prodigy, who is on the cutting edge of cell research in medical school, is encouraged by her guidance counselor to take a break from the lab and make some friends. After several unsuccessful attempts at socializing with her peers, she decides to use her scientific prowess and piece together a friend out of the med school's instructional cadavers.

Comment

Streak:

It's a Sinatra bio. You can take that to the bank (as Universal et al will most assuredly and happily will do when it's released).

My buddy Phil wrote it. Still refining per director Scorsese's input.

Universal's chasing Depp for the lead. Solid resemblance in face and height, and Depp could read a phone book and have an audience flipping over his acting power. The guy can be anybody he wants to be. Uncanny. He could play Obama and you'd believe him.

Ernie

Comment

Ah, that's this one...

Martin Scorsese is bringing Ol' Blue Eyes to the big screen. Universal Pictures and Mandalay Pictures are teaming on "Sinatra" and have brought on Scorsese - who has long flirted with a biopic on singer-actor Frank Sinatra - to direct and produce. Universal and Mandalay's Peter Guber and Cathy Schulman have been quietly developing the project for two years while they worked feverishly to secure the life and music rights from Frank Sinatra Enterprises - a joint venture of the Sinatra Estate and Warner Music Group. Phil Alden Robinson is writing the screenplay.

Comment

Is that sarcasm, Carlton? I can't tell (and don't really care). But my first post was about a project actually called FRANK, which the poster asked about. (The title of the Sinatra pic is SINATRA.)

Comment

Originally posted by Carlton Redford
            Gee, Girl, and you were soooo close with your first guess. Shucks.

Five minutes on Google, and a little cut and paste. Now Nikki Finke's got real competition for "in-the-know" insider gal.

Like Spielberg says, eh: "Research, research."

Not quite sure why you felt the need to post a snarky response, Phatgirl was trying to help.
            Last edited by mrjonesprods; 06-27-2009, 07:33 PM.
            https://twitter.com/#!/moviewriterJeff

Comment

Lighten up Carlos R.

Seems you felt the lady piggy-backed my post and needed to be ribbed. Actually she helpfully fleshed out details once the right Universal project was pointed out.

In HWD enhancing material is called “development.” And I think you know there’s certainly nothing wrong or atypical about that.

Let's just look forward to the unquestionable worldwide excitement (and profitability) promised by this project. You don't even have to love the man or his music (I personally do, regarding the music) to know his life story is a sure winner with adult audiences and that's a very welcome thing.

And I surely like the idea of a resurgence in the popularity of his peerless singing talent.

Amazing how Elvis, now Jackson, and soon Sinatra, sell better than ever after passing on.

Ernie

Comment

Working...
              X