No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moneyball script now with Aaron Sorkin

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
    Can we please all agree to hate the script when it comes out so that Sorkin can go back to writing original material ? Pretty please (Wilson) ??
    Definitely, I'll trash it. By the way - Sorkin did respond to the review on his Facebook page. He said I was very kind, but that I got some things wrong.
    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe View Post
      Here's the latest from Variety:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

The thing is I thought Zaillian's draft was outstanding, and I don't see why they aren't just reverting to that after Soderbergh apparently bungled it. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a huge fan of the book and a huge baseball fan, but I just think they should pair Zaillian's draft with a new director and shoot the damn thing.
      Here's the question though: can a movie about baseball starring Brad Pitt attract an international audience irregardless of who it's written by?

Comment

Originally posted by madyellowduck View Post
        Here's the question though: can a movie about baseball starring Brad Pitt attract an international audience irregardless of who it's written by?
        Pitt is a huge international draw, so who knows?

Funny thing the press for the most part has ignored -- Sony is making a 100 million dollar romantic comedy with a baseball backdrop right now. It stars Reese, Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson, and is written and directed by Amy Pascal's BFF James L. Brooks. I like Brooks too, but if we're talking financial risks here...

Comment

Originally posted by ScriptShadow View Post
          Definitely, I'll trash it. By the way - Sorkin did respond to the review on his Facebook page. He said I was very kind, but that I got some things wrong.
          Does this mean you're his "friend" now? Could you be? Damn. I guess sometimes it probably does make sense to join.

Incidentally, he's done a few Charlie Rose interviews that are really interesting and available in their entirety on Youtube (and on Charlie's site too). Hearing him talk about dialogue is fascinating (the "sounds of intelligence"), I highly recommend it.

Comment

No, it's on his fan page. Someone alerted me to it. Rant, it sounds like you're anti-Facebook.

I'm only sometimes anti-Facebook.

Comment

No, it's on his fan page. Someone alerted me to it. Rant, it sounds like you're anti-Facebook.

I'm only sometimes anti-Facebook.
              Yeah I don't know, I'm not a big fan of the notion that you HAVE to do something, and pretty soon if you're not on Facebook it will be literally like you don't exist, so we will all be forced to join. That's where it's headed and I will join the day it is downright detrimental not to do so, especially for professional reasons. Until then, they can keep it I already spend too much time on the damn internet as it is...

Then again I can see the advantages, and not just for the obvious professional ones. Look at the revolution in Iran and Twitter, that's absolutely amazing. The fact that the White House actually asked Twitter to delay maintenance or whatever on the site to keep it as open as possible in order to let the messages / images through (I think FB or Google launched a translation software so people could decipher the messages in Persian), I thought that was incredibly cool. Similarly two years ago there were severely repressed demonstrations in Myanmar with images that were secretely captured on cell phones and dispatched around the world in real time, I mean that is just amazing.

But at this veryn moment in my own life, and given that there is no civil war in my backyard, it is not an absolute necessity, so I'm resisting. The world will have to wait a little longer for pictures of me and my dog

Meh, who knows.

Comment

I know how you feel. I refused to get a cell phone for years. Refused! Finally I assimilated though.

Comment

I know how you feel. I refused to get a cell phone for years. Refused! Finally I assimilated though.
                  Yes! I know what you mean ! I was a laughing stock for years because no cell. Then my landline broke down so I had to buy a cheap cell in order to be able to call AT&T and tell them my line was down....

I just passed the one year anniversary with the cell. Hardly ever use it and I refuse to text. I have a whole laundry list of reasons for loathing cell phones, but of course they are definitely convenient from time to time --namely so people can call YOU to tell you they are going to be 20 minutes late for dinner / movie / concert or what not. It used to be, people were just on time

One of my gripes is: who wants to be THAT available? I know I don't. I have a feeling that there is an increasingly small number of people who are comfortable being alone and quiet. Some of my best ideas come to me on the bus, when I am looking out the window, observing people, lost in my own thoughts yet deeply atuned to the world around me. It's stimulus: it's sounds and images that make their way into our subconscious and feed us creatively. As writers, one of our responsibilites is to observe and listen, but that's harder to do if you're having an inane conversation on your cell or can't go five minutes without your iPod... it's all going to hell !!!!

But seriously, the other day some friends took me sailing, and it had been years since I had been on a sailboat, and there are few things more peaceful than being alone on the water with just the sound of the waves and the wind, with the sun setting over the city skyline in the distance, it's a total high, it's magical. But they were making calls on their cells, the music was blaring, and the music was nice for a while, absolutely but after a time I had to ask, would you guys mind if we turned off the radio for a bit?

Well, that didn't last long

Comment

Working...
                  X