Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Boyfriend for my Wife

"A husband tries to get his wife to fall in love with another man so he can leave her."

What a great concept -- this would be a dream to write! Anyone familiar with the Argentinean film or have details on the remake?
    Last edited by Kevan; 07-12-2009, 01:44 PM. Reason: moved to the correct thread...

Re: A Boyfriend for my Wife

This is almost exactly what happens in that Mike Judge movie "Extract", except he isn't really trying to leave his wife. It's really funny how it all plays out in the script, he hires a young, handsome, "jigolo" to pretend to be the pool boy and seduce his wife so that he can have an affair with a new (and very attractive) worker at his factory without feeling guilty about it.

Pretty sweet script. It's no Office Space, but lightning hardly ever strikes the same place twice.

-WW
    Trying to write, failing miserably.

Comment

Here's some info...

Warner Bros. Pictures has optioned the U.S. remake rights for "A Boyfriend for my Wife,- the hottest comedy out of Argentina last year. "Boyfriend- is about a husband who tries to get his wife to fall in love with another man so he can leave her. It stars Adrian Suar of crowdpleasers like "Comodines- (Cops) and "Apariencias- (Appearances) and Valeria Bertuccelli (-XXY-). Juan Taratuto directed "Boyfriend,- his third hit comedy following "Quien dice que es facil- (Who Says It's Easy) and "No sos vos, soy yo- (It's Not You, It's Me). Script was penned by Pablo Solarz (-Intimate Stories-).

Comment

I forgot about Extract. I never saw or read it but the concept is hilarious. Hmmm....maybe it's time for "A Girlfriend for My Husband."

Comment

Thanks for the info phatgirl!

Comment

Working...
          X