Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prisoners - Now it's been Sold.

Trackingb.com has an update on this script - briefly, sold to Alcon Entertainment, 7 figure deal. Note that although Trackingb does not have an original date for their first post on it, it looks like it went out in late February.

Re: Prisoners - Now it's been Sold.

I just read that myself. Wow, almost half a year. It was all the rage for a little bit, fell off the map and next thing you know, it sells for over a mil.

And the script is alright. Nothing outrageous.

Comment

Spoke with someone close to the project. They desperately tried to make a deal with Bale and Wahlberg attached but they just couldn't figure out a way to make everyone happy. Which means the script sold for over a million dollars witout any attachments at all. Wow, I thought it was good but man that's bigtime.
      Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Bryan Singer is attached to direct unless that deal fell through last minute.

Comment

Listen to you Wilson! You are truly a Hollywood insider now. That's interesting news. Great to hear that these big sales are still happening even if rarely.

Comment

It might've been posted in the press release so I don't know how insider it is, lol. The guy told me nothing was attached at all, but maybe I misinterpreted and he was talking about the talent.

I wanted to get the scoop on the selling price since they never publish those things anymore. So I asked him what it was on the down low and he told me "over a million". So I was pumped to share that information here only to find that......le sigh, it was published.
            Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ScriptShadow View Post

I wanted to get the scoop on the selling price since they never publish those things anymore. So I asked him what it was on the down low and he told me "over a million". So I was pumped to share that information here only to find that......le sigh, it was published.
              Trackingb has an update on the actual sale figure - No permission to repost from TB so won't but was upfront + production bonus = seven figures.

Comment

600+400, warner bros release slated for 2010.

I was really hoping for the Marky Marky/Bale combo...

I know some people say this script isn't special, but I loved it. Great tone, setting, characters... gritty, tense scenes.

I might have liked SNATCHED more though. Both had good endings, but I liked that one better. Hopefully they can both get made.

Comment

Working...
                X