Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The flood

Many there's a lot of material hitting the market right now. That in addition to the post labor day drafts that the execs have to deal with pretty much means they are INSANE! I had a feeling this dam of pent up material was going to break. I mean, people pretty much have been holding back material for like the last 6-9 months.

Re: The flood

Hopefully there will be an increase in sales. The Disney thing wasn't the best of news ...

Comment

Originally posted by seh View Post
      Hopefully there will be an increase in sales. The Disney thing wasn't the best of news ...
      Or Universal!

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
        Or Universal!
        Amen.

For those "readying" a script to go out soon, the original fears of "is this good enough for the market " now has the accompanying worries of "will anyone still have money left" and "will spec season be closed before it is open?" you know?

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
          Many there's a lot of material hitting the market right now. That in addition to the post labor day drafts that the execs have to deal with pretty much means they are INSANE! I had a feeling this dam of pent up material was going to break. I mean, people pretty much have been holding back material for like the last 6-9 months.
          Looks like it's not that good a time for those who haven't done a lot of marketing yet to query just now.

Drowning could be an issue, especially with all the material by established and semi-established writers out there.
          "Ecco il grande Zampano!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ulysses View Post
            Looks like it's not that good a time for those who haven't done a lot of marketing yet to query just now.

Drowning could be an issue, especially with all the material by established and semi-established writers out there.
            A good buddy of mine just signed with a big management company two days ago... always a good time if you have a great logline...

Comment

A good buddy of mine just signed with a big management company two days ago... always a good time if you have a great logline...

Yeah, I agree. Finished the rewrite on my script Anonymous was interested in. And now I am ready to send it back to them and a few more "big" companies... All because the logline evokes great interest.

Comment

Amen.

For those "readying" a script to go out soon, the original fears of "is this good enough for the market " now has the accompanying worries of "will anyone still have money left" and "will spec season be closed before it is open?" you know?
                For those of us that don't know, what's the spec season?

Comment

Originally posted by minty_fresh_uk View Post
                  For those of us that don't know, what's the spec season?
                  Now until Thanksgiving will be active.

Comment

Working...
                  X