• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few sales lately..

Hopefully a trend we will see more of!

EJ

Re: Few sales lately..

The only problem is that we're going to see a massive flood of material going out in the next few months.

Comment

Let it be ours, dammit!!
      sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Comment

Seems like a new sale every other day.

Comment

Market is heating up.

Sales beget sales, so don't fret. You want execs thinking, "my competition is buying specs, I'd better do the same."

Comment

Exactly. People want what other people have.

Comment

And I believe one good year leads to another better year.

So root for spec sales everyone.

Comment

Go spec sales!!!

Comment

Lets hope you're all right cause my little puppy goes out this year.

LOVIN' (!!) this thread. Good news for everyone.

.....I may in fact visit this thread everyday for reassurance while I'm forced to play the waiting game!
                  Last edited by Harbinger; 04-29-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

I'm very new to all of this but was reading this Scoggins report:
                    http://www.lifeonthebubble.com/files...--december.pdf

Forgive my ignorance but does that mean that those are really the only specs that sold for features? I was under the impression that much more than that sold each year. Maybe not produced but at least bought for concept, blah blah.

I have to admit its a little disheartening.

Or is it that those are the only "major" ones?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Comment

I'm sure Jason will admit his research only uncovers that of the bigger affairs. Problem is, who really knows what sells on the fringe and isn't released with media fan-fare. I'd imagine that Jason's final figure is probably closer to the truth than we'd all like to admit too.

It's always been a tough game. No one said it was easy lol.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
                        Problem is, who really knows what sells on the fringe and isn't released.
                        I doubt scripts on the fringe sells. They get optioned, sure, but outright sell? Indies don't have money to waste.

Comment

I'm with EJ. You can toss in one or two (being liberal) fringe sales, STV or completely under the radar, new indies out there. But like vstm aptly pointed out, most can't even be considered sales.

A friend just penned a deal for back-end points and a (very) small fee up front. The budget is under $1M and they go into production in July. It's being produced and is already signed for distribution (stv). They will make a small profit in foreign sales and my pal is now "in the door" with these types of projects. These types of projects will never see the Scoggins report yet they are out there. Personally, I'm glad they don't make the report. We'd have a false sense of what we want to achieve.

I read this report the other day and unless it's changed, it didn't look much better than this time last year. In fact if memory serves he mentions the dough is drying up quicker this year as well. I don't see a brighter year ahead. However, long term I hold faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Telly View Post

I read this report the other day and unless it's changed, it didn't look much better than this time last year. In fact if memory serves he mentions the dough is drying up quicker this year as well. I don't see a brighter year ahead. However, long term I hold faith.
                            Thanks for those final lines, Alveraz

My latest offering more than likely goes "superwide" next week (my first time). All this pessimisism....ism..... is really helping

PS. Oh and just to add to all the pessimism, I just got a pass from Mandalay Pictures. Still, they were complimentary in their rejection.
                            Last edited by Harbinger; 04-22-2010, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                              Thanks for those final lines, Alveraz

My latest offering more than likely goes "superwide" next week

what's your genre?

Comment

Working...
                              X