X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Few sales lately..

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
    Nope. Never had Roo.

I did have an Emu steak and some Crocodile in Cairns a few years back. Emu was kind of stringy. A lot like Lamb. And the Croc was a cross between Chicken meat and a sea scallop. Kind of pulpy. Not something I'd always eat, but they were both nice and tasty.

Best get back on topic. I can hear the mods rattling their chains.
    2 Things before we go

1) I purposely didn't answer you, EJ, cause I loved the thought of someone clicking on your post only to be greeted by the word... Fanny.. with absolutely no context as to how a conversation of Spec sales degenerated into that. Now a term for someone's rear might not mean much to our cousins across the pond... but you should look up what it means here in Blighty

2) Yup, Terrance....we live on chips. Although I try to stick to wedges....which are technically Chips with delusions of grandeur. Dunno why that is. Guess it's a quick, if artery clogging, way of getting staples.

And back on topic, got a great tip that I've learnt..... if I may be so bold.

IN YOUR EMAILS, LOVE EVERYONE. CAUSE IN HW THEY DON'T EDIT!

Once or twice, I've been quite candid with one company in email about how I saw a conference call pitch session went with them and a company they were teaming up with, only to find out they forwarded the whole email to said company because they liked my suggestion further down the page. Trust me, these people don't have time to edit!

It may just be me, but you have no idea how valuable a lesson I learnt there!

Other than that, update wise, another studio pass, but then passed down to one of the studios many other equally same sounding (in name) studios owned by them and on their lot.

The astute ones (Read: Movie Geeks) will have worked out exactly who they are

Keep it schtum
    Last edited by Harbinger; 06-10-2010, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Why's your script on trackingboard, but not trackingb?
      It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
        Ah, Ok. Sorry. My bad. In that case enjoy the FADE OUT on your first US based screenplay and remember-

Pavement=Sidewalk
        Boot= Trunk
        Bonnet= Hood
        Windscreen= Windshield
        Torch=Flashlight
        And delete the letter U from every other word at random.

BAM! All ready to go. That's how I do it
        Heh! Growing up on an endless diet of US movies/TV/books/comics I've got most of that down.

I also lived in LA so I have some other odd ones: I remember being teased about using "polystyrene" instead of "Styrofoam" WTF!? "You Brits, so proper..."

I shan't talk about my original pronunciation of Cahuenga Blvd.
        @MacBullitt

Comment

So Harb, what's your typical day been like the last couple of weeks?

Are you still getting up and doing your 5 pages or is it more taking conference calls each day and replying to emails?

I'd like to hear about the nice mayhem SHOTGUN has got you into.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal_88 View Post
            So Harb, what's your typical day been like the last couple of weeks?

Are you still getting up and doing your 5 pages or is it more taking conference calls each day and replying to emails?

I'd like to hear about the nice mayhem SHOTGUN has got you into.
            My days are pretty uneventful on the whole. It's like I said in an earlier post, It fluctuates. Basically my manager is doing all the work. I'm just sat in front a laptop on the other side of the pond awaiting news.

It's not what I expected. I thought I'd be in a permanent haze of bewilderment and happy delirium, but actually it's like being hooked up to a morphine drip that only triggers once or twice a day.

When I refresh my email and see a new message, I get a real quick heady buzz. Open it. It's a pass. The heady buzz goes. Or open it. New call. New interest. And I'm buzzing again for a few hours. The drug analogy holds up also in the fact that I'm finding I need progressively better and better news to sustain that high.

Other than that, I'm on the final draft of While Rome Burns so I try to get a few pages of that done a day. Got a exec call in two hours (AND THE WORLD CUP STARTED! Unlucky South Africa).

Busiest week was last week, where I worked on the Rome draft most days. Took 3 exec calls. Watched and made notes on a movie for an adaption assignment. Pitched my take in a conference call between HW prodco and Asian Prodco. Wrote a two page treatment (detailed outline and almost beat for beat). Recieved two Graphic novels to read. Wrote notes on both and came up with a very basic pitch on the one that took my interest. Took a final exec call on Friday.

But this week? Worked on Rome. Took two calls. (plus the one later today) That's it.

So, as I say, changes from week to week and it's really only one or two things a day. Which is good. Cause I need to get Rome done.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
              So, as I say, changes from week to week and it's really only one or two things a day. Which is good. Cause I need to get Rome done.
              Wasn't built in a day, son.

(Thought I'd get there first...)
              @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post

NICE!

I'm stealin' that

Comment

Harbinger,

I'm actually a Brit but just threw in the word for comedic effect...
                  ... which clearly failed lol

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
                    Harbinger,

I'm actually a Brit but just threw in the word for comedic effect...
                    ... which clearly failed lol

EJ
                    Oh no it didn't....I laughed a lot.

Mind you whenever I hear the American term 'Fanny Pack' I always assume it's part of a back cover synopsis for a 'GIRLS WITH BIG TOYS' DVD.

.........Will that get Mod-deleted?

Comment

I still laugh out loud every time I see Brian Wankum's name come up as the credits roll on the new "V"

Not to forget Mr. Thomas Wanker from Buffy...
                      @MacBullitt

Comment

Oh, this reminds me of the referee's at the World Cup being given a list of twenty swear words to listen out for is priceless. Twenty? Is that all? The English could win the World Cup for swearing!
                        @MacBullitt

Comment

Damn. You beat me. Nice call.
                          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
                            Fanny...

EJ

Fanny Mae...

No wonder people got screwed.
                            "Ecco il grande Zampano!"

Comment

Originally posted by Ulysses View Post
                              Fanny Mae...

No wonder people got screwed.
                              Think that's bad. Spare a thought for poor old British 50's TV-Chef Fanny Cradock.

Anyone hear the rattle of mod chains?

EDITED
                              Last edited by Harbinger; 06-13-2010, 10:52 AM. Reason: Didn't wanna kill-thread with Crudity..... :)

Comment

Oh, this reminds me of the referee's at the World Cup being given a list of twenty swear words to listen out for is priceless. Twenty? Is that all?
                                I need to know these words.

Comment

Working...
                                X