X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Few sales lately..

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
    Thanks for those final lines, Alveraz

My latest offering more than likely goes "superwide" next week (my first time). All this pessimisism....ism..... is really helping

PS. Oh and just to add to all the pessimism, I just got a pass from Mandalay Pictures. Still, they were complimentary in their rejection.
    Sorry to hear that, Harbinger. Still, you have something going superwide next week. There are many who would love to be in your position. Best of luck, mate.
    @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
      Thanks for those final lines, Alveraz
      Sorry if I came across pessimistic man, my intention was more pragmatic. Having written a script with you before, I have NO DOUBT you're going to make magic my friend.

All my best!

Comment

Best of luck going wide Harbinger. Pulling for you, Scouser.

Comment

Rooting for you, Harbinger. Fingers crossed, mate.
          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Thanks to everyone. Nuthin' better than the DD love.....well there is...but you have to pay for it...and they may steal your kidneys at the end of the night.

The whole process began today. It's in at Bruckheimer and Radar and Kopelson and a number of other exec friends of my manager for the weekend coming before going out wide next week.

Exciting.......and nail-biting times. I guess even if nothing comes of it, most have said it's a strong writing sample. I'm happy enough with that.

.........no, screw that! Where's my Mid-sixer!?

PS. Oh, my genre is action/thriller.....with a bit of gun-totting fairytale into the bargain.

PPS. Thanks, Telly. I enjoyed that collab and learnt a lot, even if ultimately nothing came of it

Comment

Hope you knock it outta the park Harbz!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Rooting for you Harbinger. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Yes - I hope your script triggers a bidding war!
                  sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Originally posted by peasblossom View Post
                    Yes - I hope your script triggers a bidding war!
                    You ain't the only one . In two months I gotta look for a new place to live!

Thanks to everyone else too. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

I'm channeling $800,000 against $1.5 mill for you, brother.

Bruckheimer can pony up that kind of dough in a second.
                      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Good luck, Harbinger. A victory for you is a victory for the rest of us!

Comment

Been reading this message board for a little while and finally decided to register. My first script went wide earlier this week. A few production companies liked it enough to take it in to several major studios and we're waiting to hear back. I'm excited and nervous and all that jazz. Any words of advice from you folks who've done this before?!

Comment

Originally posted by starmand View Post
                            Been reading this message board for a little while and finally decided to register. My first script went wide earlier this week. A few production companies liked it enough to take it in to several major studios and we're waiting to hear back. I'm excited and nervous and all that jazz. Any words of advice from you folks who've done this before?!
                            Exercise.

Comment

Just on my way out to do that.

Comment

Best advice: Try not to obsess about it. I think all of us are allured into the industry because we are chasing dreams of respect, financial gains, security, freedom (WORKING FROM HOME IN THE NUDE) but it's a looooong way to the top, and the elevator might not be working right now.

Although going wide might seem like that first real step to achieving that (and God knows you worked your ass off to even get this far) there's probably more to be done, and this particular script is now out of your hands for the time.

Trust your instincts, and yourself (as well as the people you have working for you. They believe in you.) Keep busy. Keep active. Keep thinking creatively... Because the only thing you have to fall back on if this script goes nowhere is yourself, your own ideas and your own determination to get someplace.

It wouldn't be worth chasing if it was easy. This isn't the lottery, this is your life.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X