This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Few sales lately..

Oh yeah, I haven't been obsessing. Certainly helps that I don't live in LA and am not in constant contact with my manager.

Thanks for the advice. I am excited but definitely have tempered expectations. I'm honored just to be going out and to have my work read. Anything else is gravy. Hopefully very delicious gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by starmand View Post
      Oh yeah, I haven't been obsessing. Certainly helps that I don't live in LA and am not in constant contact with my manager.

Thanks for the advice. I am excited but definitely have tempered expectations. I'm honored just to be going out and to have my work read. Anything else is gravy. Hopefully very delicious gravy.
      I have no advice, because I have yet to be in your position. I do, however, share your excitment and wish you the best.
      @MacBullitt

Comment

Congrats and good luck, Starmand.

.........unless your script has anything to do with fairytales and guns..... in which case I know where you live.

I know what you mean about the not living in LA thing. It feels oddly unreal at this juncture. I've never even met my manager. Just spoke on phone and more emails than I can possibly remember.

But I think it helps. I'm not obsessing because it feels like something that's happening without me. Like my manager is building the foundations and should anything kick-off then it all begins.

......hopefully

PS. Terrance, not sure it's quite commercial or 4-quadrant enough for a high-six to mid-seven (keeps being described as edgy).......but we can but dream!

Comment

Wishing you both well, if nothing else, it must be tremendously validating for you. And that in itself is important.
          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

@ Harbinger and Starmand, if you guys don't mind, I'd love to know which management company you guys are with?

Regardless, adding to the good luck wishes!
            Last edited by wildzero; 04-23-2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildzero View Post
              @ Hardbinger and Starmand, if you guys don't mind, I'd love to know which management company you guys are with?

Regardless, adding to the good luck wishes!
              Didn't you know, these guys actually manage each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                Congrats and good luck, Starmand.

.........unless your script has anything to do with fairytales and guns..... in which case I know where you live.

I know what you mean about the not living in LA thing. It feels oddly unreal at this juncture. I've never even met my manager. Just spoke on phone and more emails than I can possibly remember.

But I think it helps. I'm not obsessing because it feels like something that's happening without me. Like my manager is building the foundations and should anything kick-off then it all begins.

......hopefully

PS. Terrance, not sure it's quite commercial or 4-quadrant enough for a high-six to mid-seven (keeps being described as edgy).......but we can but dream!
                Congrats to you too! Good luck!

I'm having the same experience. All feels very unreal and detached. Never met my manager either.

Comment

Originally posted by starmand View Post
                  Been reading this message board for a little while and finally decided to register. My first script went wide earlier this week. A few production companies liked it enough to take it in to several major studios and we're waiting to hear back. I'm excited and nervous and all that jazz. Any words of advice from you folks who've done this before?!
                  Although it's easier said than done, try and put it out of your mind and work hard on new concepts (if you haven't done this yet that is) and try and polish up your loglines so they work their best.

If anything, hopefully you'll line up some meetings with fans of your work and they'll ask about what you're working on next, so it's good to have those concepts lined up and polished.

What script was it that went wide? WHat was the title?

EJ

Comment

Harbinger, just saw it listed on trackingb.com. Good luck!!

Comment

I don't have the 'B' let's get a copy and past so we can all congratulate him properly.

BTW Harbinger your pm is full. Not that I was going to pm you anything of any of any importance... so don't worry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by briking View Post
                        Harbinger, just saw it listed on trackingb.com. Good luck!!
                        Which one is it?
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Does it not have his avatar next to it?

Just copy and paste the one that sounds like a fairy tale with guns.

Comment

Ah, got it. Sounds cool. Good luck, Alex.
                            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                              Which one is it?
                              SHOTGUN CINDERELLA. Remember the title from a contest last year. Thought the title/concept would make for great action. Good luck!
                              "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
                                SHOTGUN CINDERELLA. Remember the title from a contest last year. Thought the title/concept would make for great action. Good luck!
                                I don't need to hear the concept. I'm in from the title.
                                Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Working...
                                X