X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Few sales lately..

Hey everyone,

That one crept up on me. Just got home from a particularly heavy night (9:12 AM my time.....yep! That's how I roll ). Didn't realize trackingb were on it that quickly. Brain still taking it all in.

Thanks to everyone. And to people who tried a PM, apologies I've cleared space.....if anyone is happy to type what they typed all over again........sorry

Anyway, exciting times. Weird thing is, I'm not registered to trackingb...so if anyone would be kind enough to cut and paste me how exactly it looks on said website. Real weird not to be able to track your own spec!

PS: I've found bits and pieces on google. It's not an action/comedy as some websites stated......at least I don't think it is .....action thriller with quirky overtones......but not comedy.
    Last edited by Harbinger; 06-09-2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

As seen on trackingb.com:

SHOTGUN CINDERELLA

Representation: Jeff Belkin

Written by: Alex Hollister

When her daughter is kidnapped by her former boss, an expert bank thief is forced to commit her biggest heist on New Year's Eve -- stealing information from inside the world's tallest building -- The Burj Khalifa. It's a plan destined to succeed, until she leaves something important behind -- her shoe!

Comment

Thanks, Briking. Pretty much the exact logline I used for PAGE. I can see why maybe they interpretted that as action/comedy though. Logline sort of reads like it.

Comment

I'm keeping an eye on it. Best of luck Harbinger.
          @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
            Thanks, Briking. Pretty much the exact logline I used for PAGE. I can see why maybe they interpretted that as action/comedy though. Logline sort of reads like it.
            yep - the power of two little words, "her shoe" make people think comedy

Comment

Very true, Nikee.

And the fact of the matter is, it's perfectly acceptable imagery "on screen".

Female lead is in party dress and matching heels. Underfire. She staggers as bullets whistle past her. And in doing so, her heel slips off. No time to turn back. She's outta there.

On screen, perfectly acceptable, believable scenario-

-But write "She left her shoe behind"....... insta-comedy.

Comment

I've noticed in recent weeks that agent Caren Bohrman has been very active in the spec market. Another one out today with Liar's Kiss.
                @MacBullitt

Comment

Hey Harbinger, any updates on the script since it went wide?

Comment

Hey Briking,

Yeah, quite a few. Gotta be a bit cagey though. Lot of notes on emails from manager saying 'between us'. So far everyone has liked the writing. Coming down more to whether they think a Cinderella meets Die Hard concept can sell. Most are a bit wary (makes sense I guess. Taking a beloved children's fairytale and adding guns).

Got a conference call with one and an open invitation to work on the script should it not sell. Still waiting on a lot of other places.

Sorry this response has to be so.... obtuse

Comment

Hey Briking,

Yeah, quite a few. Gotta be a bit cagey though. Lot of notes on emails from manager saying 'between us'. So far everyone has liked the writing. Coming down more to whether they think a Cinderella meets Die Hard concept can sell. Most are a bit wary (makes sense I guess. Taking a beloved children's fairytale and adding guns).

Got a conference call with one and an open invitation to work on the script should it not sell. Still waiting on a lot of other places.

Sorry this response has to be so.... obtuse
                      Good news, mate! Nothing spotted in the usual place.
                      @MacBullitt

Comment

Looks like a little update on TrackingB... Best of luck Harbinger.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadSolo View Post
                          Looks like a little update on TrackingB... Best of luck Harbinger.
                          Just saw that as well...

"Direct into Syglass, The Film Department, and Intrepid"

Comment

G'luck Harbs. I followed you from IMDB forums to DDP without really getting to know you, but your posts always been helfpul and insightful and you seem to have a helluva knack for writing. Expect good things!

Comment

Hey peeps,

Not exactly sure the significance of the "direct" bit, but the update is spot on. In to quite a few others as well. Over 20 different places at the last count (guess that's what "superwide" means). Good to see an update though. Thanks to everyone keeping tabs

Mikeb - Thanks for the kind words. Ahhh IMDB. Great place till it got overrun by trolls. Drove out all the pros. Still dip in there from time to time though.

Twofingered- thanks also for the PM update

YOu lot are faster than me on the updates (which isn't hard, not having a trackingb account). Much appreciated
                              Last edited by Harbinger; 05-04-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Hey peeps,

Not exactly sure the significance of the "direct" bit, but the update is spot on. In to quite a few others as well. Over 20 different places at the last count (guess that's what "superwide" means). Good to see an update though. Thanks to everyone keeping tabs

Mikeb - Thanks for the kind words. Ahhh IMDB. Great place till it got overrun by trolls. Drove out all the pros. Still dip in there from time to time though.

Twofingered- thanks also for the PM update

YOu lot are faster than me on the updates (which isn't hard, not having a trackingb account). Much appreciated
                                "Direct" just means Belkin took it to Intrepid, etc., himself, without a producing partner. This can be good, bad, or neutral

What's good is that people are reading your stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X