X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Few sales lately..

Yeah, good luck!

more on topic, Every day on the front page of DoneDeal, I see a bunch of scripts/deals picked up. Then on the Scoggins or other reports its boo-hoo land.
    Are these smaller deals that those reports don't cover or am I missing something?

It seems to be not too dead with what I see on the DD front page.

I'm a noob though

Comment

Originally posted by tgg001 View Post
      Yeah, good luck!

more on topic, Every day on the front page of DoneDeal, I see a bunch of scripts/deals picked up. Then on the Scoggins or other reports its boo-hoo land.
      Are these smaller deals that those reports don't cover or am I missing something?

I'm a noob though
      Scoggins and TrackinB track Specs.

DD lists all reported sales (I believe they use trades like Variety and HR as reference).

Only a small % of the total feature sales are original spec screenplays.

When you look at those sales on the front page, check to see what the material is. Many are going to be book, comics, pitches, etc.

The spec market is very important to screenwriters. That's the reason for the doom and gloom from Scoggins.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeney Todd View Post
        It's called Night of the Hee-Hee 3D. Family adventure/horror in the vein of The Monster Squad.

It's up on Tracking B as well.
        Some movement on this at TrackingB. Best of luck, mate.
        @MacBullitt

Comment

Thanks! We're working on getting more territories assigned, so hopefully we'll have another update later.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Courier12

Comment

Originally posted by tgg001 View Post
            Every day on the front page of DoneDeal, I see a bunch of scripts/deals picked up. Then on the Scoggins or other reports its boo-hoo land.

I'm a noob though
            Someday I'll get everyone to spell Done Deal as two words. Someday.

And it's really just the opposite in terms of the deals. Tracking sites more or less report on all the stuff being shopped around whether it's bought, optioned or not. We on the other hand look to report on the "done deals," thus the name of the site.

So as noted by others, the spec market is a bit grim right now. We're not listing tons of spec scripts being sold or optioned. The deals we are mostly listing now are for remakes, adaptations of books, comicbooks/graphic novels, etc. -- material with a built in audience. These are not small deals in 99% of the cases. Plus of course, we are also listing TV deals and I don't think some of the tracking sites keep up with those as much. (Don't know for sure. Maybe someone can chime in on that.)
            Will
            Done Deal Pro
            www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Sweeney Todd, this is your year man!!! I you just came up on tracking-board again.

NIGHT OF THE HEE-HEE 3D (SPEC) ***Updated & now in everywhere!***

***Producers are in @ FOX, SUMMIT, PARAMOUNT, ROGUE, WARNERS, & NEW LINE

How can you sleep with this!!!!!

Good luck.

Comment

Sleep? What's that?

Comment

Sleep? What's that?
                  IT's what some of us may have to do with producers to progress any further!

Congrats, Sweeney. Looks like it's going well

Comment

Thanks, Alex! What's happening on your end?

Comment

Quite a bit actually. Still gotta keep it on the low since Trackingb hasn't been updated with any of the info.

But I'll be on my 5th and 6th conference call next week (cause I'm in the UK so this is more about touching base). Pitched my other scripts which are getting read. An assignment possibility on the horizon.

Shotgun is getting read requests out of the blue from Prodcos and there's a number of people looking at packaging before going to a few of those companies listed up there in your tracking update.

As I say, prefer to keep it vague until Tracking boards are updated. Don't want to do anything to jeapordize the deals that are coming to the table.

But exciting times. And again, Congrats to yourself

Comment

Awesome! Best of luck to you, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                          Quite a bit actually. Still gotta keep it on the low since Trackingb hasn't been updated with any of the info.

But I'll be on my 5th and 6th conference call next week (cause I'm in the UK so this is more about touching base). Pitched my other scripts which are getting read. An assignment possibility on the horizon.

Shotgun is getting read requests out of the blue from Prodcos and there's a number of people looking at packaging before going to a few of those companies listed up there in your tracking update.

As I say, prefer to keep it vague until Tracking boards are updated. Don't want to do anything to jeapordize the deals that are coming to the table.

Didn't know you were UK based! Great to hear a positive update!
                          @MacBullitt

Comment

Harb: apologies if you'd explained this elsewhere already, but did you land representation based on your win in the PAGE contest last year?

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post

Comment

Sleep? What's that?

What i meant was: How can you sleep with all these action at your door step? Watching your script make rounds. I know i wouldn't be able to if this was happening to me. Hell, I'd be having Sleepless nights!!!

Tell us how you're coping with the rush!!!

Comment

Originally posted by winter dreams View Post
                                Harb: apologies if you'd explained this elsewhere already, but did you land representation based on your win in the PAGE contest last year?
                                Hey Winter, Yup. Solely on PAGE win. I also entered Nicholl, but it was an earlier draft and missed the cut by 100 (that nice little note they have on the email said 'Was in the next 100').

Never been shy about hyping up PAGE. IT's a great contest, expertly run and, although Nicholl is top dog, PAGE is the place for the really commercial high-concept stuff. In fact PAGE kinda leads the way in that the reader updates Nicholl has introduced this year was (as admitted I think by Greg) a direct response to the feedback from PAGE's twitter updates last year.

Once you place anywhere in the medals in PAGE (ie. Gold, Silver, Bronze), they fire off the list of winners to a number of Reps/prodcos who request it. And they contact you for the read. PAGE even includes a little promotional blurb about how the script was received in the contest. It's all as professionally run after as the contest itself.

Rep-wise, had a few offers, but loved Jeff's enthusiam. He contacted me only ten pages in to say he was impressed and ever since he always gets back to me within 5-10 minutes of my emailing. I always put communication high on my list for who to choose.

So short answer? Yes, It was as a result of PAGE and I thoroughly recommend it. And to those that think Nicholl is the only player, I've mentioned PAGE in every single conference call and every time they indicated the contest is very much on their radar.

TwoFingered- Yup. Neglected to mention that. I'm in Bristol. A stones throw from yourself.....well.... a particularly hefty stones throw....but fellow southerner at least

Comment

Working...
                                X