X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Few sales lately..

Originally posted by Sweeney Todd View Post
    Thanks for the update, Alex!

I think the reason you still can't view yours is that the entries get bumped back to the front of the site when they get updated. Definitely not a bad thing, but as long as your status keeps getting updated, you'll stay eyes-only.

Hee-Hee is still alive, despite some high-level companies taking a pass, though we've gotten a very strong, positive response to the writing from just about everybody, so it's turning out to be a great sample. Our list of upcoming meetings keeps growing, so I don't have much to complain about right now.

More updates as I get them...
    All good stuff, Sweeney. Now I've seen the logline, I like the concept . And 4Q is always a goldmine! Not to mention 3D potential.

Hopefully you're right about the bumping up thing. I have a running joke with my mates about how all this is fake and I'm completely delusional. During the tail end of one of conference calls, a mate of mine turned up at the door. I took the call in the kitchen and he admitted to following the phone line to make sure it was plugged in. Like I'd fabricated everything to the point I was taking phantom phone calls. Yes.... these are the sort of friends I have.

Now trackingb doesn't update my script. Am I even typing this? Maybe DD never existed!

........annnnyyyway. Congrats on HEE-HEE. 3D and 4Q? GOLDMINE!

Comment

What do they mean by 4q anyway?
      It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Four quadrant. Means it hits every demographic. Men under 25. Over 25. Women under 25. Over 25. Four demographics. Four quadrant.

Personally I'm not sure how say a 24 year old male can relate the same as a 7 year old male, but still it's just a marketing term to say everyone would love this movie (think Pixar).

And 'everyone' equals B.O. bonanza!

(probably makes more sense to define 4Q as young and old male and females)

Comment

That sounds like this movie I saw about this guy who had balloons tied on his house. There was every type of person in the theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
            That sounds like this movie I saw about this guy who had balloons tied on his house. There was every type of person in the theatre.
            Pixar are the big-Kahuna of the 4Q. Just a quick check of B.O. on everything Pixar is insane! Is there any other Hollywood studio that have grossed so much over such a relatively short amount of time? Probably not. And they're pretty damn consistent in quality. I loved UP! Opening 25 minutes? One of the best animations ever!

Gone a weee bit off topic here

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
              Hey Harbinger, TwoFinger and Terrance...

I personally would love to see a post from each of you on how it played out with going wide.

I'm very interesting in the whole process, and frankly isn't something that is spoken about much around here.

What do you each think? Up for the challenge when the dust settles?

EJ
              Actually, my script never went wide. It somehow landed on tracking boards for like an hour, then my reps had it taken down. But by then, everyone was under the impression it had gone out.

It only went into select producers. I had a few passes, but I also had a few who loved it enough to want to develop it with me. A lot of people saw it as a different type of movie. So we're still in that phase. I'm working with two producers on it. They have a first-look deal with Paramount.

Should be ready soon though. Next few weeks.

Yikes!!!!
              @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Gl Tm

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                  Actually, my script never went wide. It somehow landed on tracking boards for like an hour, then my reps had it taken down. But by then, everyone was under the impression it had gone out.

It only went into select producers. I had a few passes, but I also had a few who loved it enough to want to develop it with me. A lot of people saw it as a different type of movie. So we're still in that phase. I'm working with two producers on it. They have a first-look deal with Paramount.

Should be ready soon though. Next few weeks.

Yikes!!!!
                  FTI, looks like a treatment is still up.
                  "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ylekot43 View Post
                    FTI, looks like a treatment is still up.
                    Yeah, I know that one is floating around. Different script though.
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Nothing really to update. A director and actress interested, but we're holding off on the packaging to see how the script does at the studios it's in.

One thing I didn't know was that TrackingBoard not only tracks your scripts, but whacks them on their file exchange.

This morning I stumbled on the website to find a conversation about Shotgun going on on the chatroll.

Anyone know how they got a copy? Is it a case of having it slipped to them by an exec somewhere. Or an assistant who palms it off when everyone's back is turned. Or is this normal practice now?

Certainly was a bit weird.

Comment

Harbinger,

Thanks for the update.

In answer to your question, it seems pdf's get passed around real easy and sites like trackingboard and trackingb all get them through colleagues or diretly themselves.

It's no biggie IMO.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
                          Harbinger,

Thanks for the update.

In answer to your question, it seems pdf's get passed around real easy and sites like trackingboard and trackingb all get them through colleagues or diretly themselves.

It's no biggie IMO.

EJ
                          Thanks for the info, EJ.

I'll discuss it with my manager, but seems to me, as you say, this may be the way things are done now. Tracking Boards and word of mouth. Can't hurt....unless people start hating on it!

Comment

For the record, if I am slipped a script--and it's from a writer or a manager I know--I will ask permission first before I post it to my MF beast. There are some scripts I have been slipped, I haven't put them up due to that.
                            http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Harby, it's been days since you've last checked in, I can't take it!!

Seriously though, just reread this thread, great to see you're getting out there and making a lot of contacts. Being a member on here since '05 and all.

I'm also a fellow UK'er, so nice to see a Brit taking conference calls etc.

Harry

Comment

Hey Hal 88, thanks and greetings fellow UK'er!

Not much to update really. And typically vague.

We're into 25 territories. All, but 2 of the main guns. Now it's just the waiting game stage. Had a few passes already. Which is always fun.

There's an actress and director interested. Both main players in 20-30 Mill movies to be released soon. If anyone works out who from that then-
                                A) Impressive stuff
                                B) Don't post who!
                                Nothing definite. Just interested.

Using Shotgun as a writing sample, I'm closer to an assignment (or Spec assignment...that hasn't been decided yet) to adapt an Asian movie for American Market. Obviously I'm in the pot with other, more established writers there so fighting an uphill battle. But fingers crossed.

Got another producer (real nice guy) who has said he wants to work with me and has a pile of IP to choose from. Try and find a good match.

That's pretty much it. Recently found out that Shotgun is on Tracking-boards File exchange. Wasn't sure how to take that at first, but Jeff says that can work in my favor. So feel free to rock on over there and read the script.

Otherwise, it's pretty much Status-Quo
                                Last edited by Harbinger; 06-09-2010, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X