• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twofingeredtypist
    replied
    Re: Patriot Down

Originally posted by BuckarooBanzai View Post
    This seems rather silly considering Presidents are always out of shape men in their late forties to fifties. Sort of makes 'fighting his way out' a bit of a stretch. Unless of course it was President Schwarzenegger...
    Current President looks in pretty good shape.

Leave a comment:

• BuckarooBanzai
    replied

This seems rather silly considering Presidents are always out of shape men in their late forties to fifties. Sort of makes 'fighting his way out' a bit of a stretch. Unless of course it was President Schwarzenegger...

Leave a comment:

• The Gunshark
    replied

I'm just thinking that they've been there and done that with Air Force One. Other than that, they'd probably have to make the President rather young in order to be even plausible.

It just seems like another action movie to me. I need something more like World War Z.

Leave a comment:

• Twofingeredtypist
    replied

Originally posted by Dogtown13
    Aren't "the boards" full of young execs? Don't know, don't follow any of that. If so, they don't have buying power...yet.

When a director is attached things suddenly look more like a real movie, and not just pages with words on them.
    I didn't see a mention of a director attachment, it just appeared to sell following the re-write. Did your bud say a director was involved?

Leave a comment:

• emily blake
    replied

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
    Just made me think this would work for the Jack Ryan films during the "Jack is President" era. Or perhaps Jack Bauer goes on to become Pres and it happens to him?
    You'd have to make your terrorist the most retarded people on the planet if they think kidnapping President Jack Bauer is a good idea.

Leave a comment:

• Twofingeredtypist
    replied

Just made me think this would work for the Jack Ryan films during the "Jack is President" era. Or perhaps Jack Bauer goes on to become Pres and it happens to him?

Leave a comment:

• Donreel
    replied

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
    ...I wouldn't mind watching a film where the prez has to fend for himself in hostile territory....
    Definitely agree. I find fascinating the idea of watching a character who has risen to the pinnacle of power, in the broadest sense of that word, struggle in a very physical way for his own survival, without the usual enveloping communications and army of assistants, aides and right-hand men/women hanging around to smooth every possible wrinkle in his daily existence (not to mention the actual Army, Navy, etc...). Yes, something like it was done in Air Force One and to a much lesser extent in 2012, Vantage Point and The Sentinel. I'm still an automatic ticket-buyer for this type of movie, which has great potential to reveal and display character in gripping and entertaining ways.
    Last edited by Donreel; 04-19-2010, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pendagger
    replied

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
    It would take some clever writing to get me to care about the President as a character in a movie, especially as the hero. Not that I hate the president...I just prefer heroes that start at the bottom, not at the top.
    I don't know, sometimes it feels good when the big guys falls...Primal Fear, The Game, George Bush...

Leave a comment:

• Ravenlocks
    replied

I'll be the voice of dissent here and say I wouldn't mind watching a film where the prez has to fend for himself in hostile territory, especially if he's got a good arc (you know, learns mushy stuff like the good of the people matters more than getting reelected). But there's also a chance he's not the main character.

Leave a comment:

• Twofingeredtypist
    replied

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
    It would take some clever writing to get me to care about the President as a character in a movie, especially as the hero. Not that I hate the president...I just prefer heroes that start at the bottom, not at the top.
    That was one of the concerns voiced on the tracking boards when the sale was taking place.

Leave a comment:

• Biohazard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Twofingeredtypist
    replied

Originally posted by BurningWorld View Post
    I could be wrong but I think they already did the rewrites. That is why it went out and then they were asked to change everything and they did and now it officially sold. I could be wrong though.
    I think you may be right. Reading the reports on it, it does appear that way.

Still wonder what made this sell?
    Last edited by Twofingeredtypist; 04-14-2010, 02:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BurningWorld
    replied

I could be wrong but I think they already did the rewrites. That is why it went out and then they were asked to change everything and they did and now it officially sold. I could be wrong though.

Leave a comment:

• Twofingeredtypist
    started a topic Patriot Down

Patriot Down

New sale is basically Air Force One meets Escape From New York with the US Pres's plane going down in enemy territory and him having to fight his way out.

The fascinating part of this sale is it's already set for a top to toe re-write within hours of sale. Original setting was Africa, it's now to be South America (and listed as such on the sales page) and characters and situations are to be re-written extensively.

Many remarks about it being dated and whatnot on the boards... Makes one wonder why did it sell if nobody cared for it....?
Working...
X