X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Gilroy back on BOURNE 4

And I couldn't be happier.

Re: Tony Gilroy back on BOURNE 4

Wow.... interesting... I guess this pretty much confirms Greengrass won't be returning to the director's chair.

Gilroy must be pocketing a MASSIVE pay-day for this!

Comment

Glad to hear about Gilroy, but I'm bummed about Greengrass. Maybe Liman will come back?

I'm a little concerned about this one, just since the fourth movie doesn't have any source material. Hopefully it'll feel like it belongs with the trilogy. It'd be a shame to put a black mark on one of the best movie trilogies ever with a bad movie.

I might actually wait a couple of weeks after it hits theaters to see this. That way if the reviews are bad I can avoid it and not have the Bourne movies ruined for me, haha.
      QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Link to the full story peeps.... Gilroy directing would be really interesting....

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28090

Comment

I've read all the Lustbader Bourne novels and while they are very entertaining, they are a little more James Bond-ish than the originals.

But I'm sure Gilroy can work his magic.
          TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

What's wrong with leaving it a trilogy? Sometimes a story arc is finished and should be left alone. I hope they don't go and greenlight LOTR 4...
            "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
            ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

The Bourne films were basically original scripts. Only the concept and the first 10 or 15 minutes of the first film come from the book. They didn't use the Supremacy and Ultimatum books as any source material.

In all honesty I just don't know where they go from here. It seems like the last one wrapped up all the questions of who Bourne is. I'm sure Gilroy will be able to crack it, but I just don't know where you go with the character.

Why wouldn't Greengrass come back?

Comment

Well I guess there's always the scenario where, he finds out who he is / what he did and: now what? What does Jason Bourne do with the rest of his life?

That could be interesting.

Maybe he gets married and has a bunch of kids and works a 9 to 5. Maybe he outsources as a mercenary and goes back to Morocco to find the no-nose chick.

The possibilities are endless.

Comment

My understanding is Damon would only return if Greengrass was directing, but I doubt Gilroy working on the next one is any indication of Greengrass' participation one way or the other.
                  @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanKelly View Post
                    Wow.... interesting... I guess this pretty much confirms Greengrass won't be returning to the director's chair.
                    God, I would be mega-pumped for this if that turns out to be true. Greengrass has his moments but directing true action flicks isn't one of his talents, imo. His cinematography sucks. The steady-cam harness was invented for a reason.

His shaky-cam bullsh!t hurts my head too much to be able to truly enjoy his Bourne movies. Why bother choreographing a fight scene when you can't tell what's actually going on. Fight scenes are cool because you actually get to see people fight. I know he thinks it makes the experience more "visceral," but he's confusing visual annoyance for true emotional involvement. He could learn a lot from Corey Yuen on how to properly film a fight/action sequence.

I'd love to be able to watch a Bourne sequel that doesn't give me a headache and allows me to actually enjoy the story AND the action.
                    "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Looking for Tony Gilroy contact info, much appreciated!

Comment

Do you want his cell or home phone #?

Comment

Originally posted by Hilario113 View Post
                          Do you want his cell or home phone #?
                          I'll take his home address. I'm thinking of putting my script in a briefcase and leaving it outside his front door...

Comment

Originally posted by Brice View Post
                            I'll take his home address. I'm thinking of putting my script in a briefcase and leaving it outside his front door...
                            with no identifying name...
                            "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Working...
                            X