• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Alyssa Runswithwolves

• Alyssa Runswithwolves
    replied
    Re: ION by Will Dunn

I read it and loved it. When he said "there's seven of them"-- my mind raced. It began a history in my head that wasn't even on the page-- that one line explained a million things.

These were "The Hosts" pursuing them (Seven Arch Angels.) And the story turned Biblical prophecy on its as*. We've seen a million Angel-Alien stories but never one like this.

Aliens in this story are us from the future. So are Angels-- us from the future. So, our past has recorded them as divinely otherworldly and our present has recorded them as extraterrestrial... myth. And we're coming back over and over again from the future to utilize a young Earth in one of its millions of parallel dimensions and realities.

Because... everytime we return we destroy the Earth as usual and must find another variation of it some where else in time.

The Scout who for millenia has found these realities-- Ion-- is the one who says "enough." It's his journey to stop them this time as well as save his eternal true love.

For some it may be hard to follow because certain characters carry different names in different lifetime flash backs.

Leave a comment:

• Greenwood
    Regular

• Greenwood
    replied

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
    It's an action/pursuit thing which comprises the 2nd act. They race to a panic-stricken New York to cut off the signal as the heroes are trailed by agents all the way.

I'd actually read the new draft as well because I'm curious to see the changes which resulted in a sale.
    The scriptshadow guy's analysis was especially similar to my initial opinion in this thread. Great descriptive writing + confusing clusterfvck of a story = ???

Just goes to show how subjective the biz is. The sad part is that the premise is not THAT bad of an idea. But the meat and potatoes of being a good writer, imo, is taking a great premise and fitting it into a coherent structure. Sometimes that square just will NOT fit into that round peg.

And judging from his analysis of Tatum's stardom, this might've been just an excuse (aka "vehicle") to put Tatum's name on top of a movie poster.

Like the slew of Zak Efron projects that were set up recently.

Leave a comment:

• Twofingeredtypist

• Twofingeredtypist
    replied

It's an action/pursuit thing which comprises the 2nd act. They race to a panic-stricken New York to cut off the signal as the heroes are trailed by agents all the way.

I'd actually read the new draft as well because I'm curious to see the changes which resulted in a sale.

Leave a comment:

• cupertinoCA
    Regular

• cupertinoCA
    replied

at least we know we're not alone. scriptshadow expressed similar frustrations...

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• NoNeckJoe
    Regular

• NoNeckJoe
    replied

Anyone have a more current draft? I'm only seeing the one from April '09, and it was probably rewritten several times before going out in '09 and then again before selling this January.

Leave a comment:

• Twofingeredtypist

• Twofingeredtypist
    replied

I'll try and finish it today. On about page 60.

Leave a comment:

• RayLaw
    New User

• RayLaw
    replied

Usual Question.

Anyone know the name of the font?

Thanks in advance.

Ray

Leave a comment:

• cupertinoCA
    Regular

• cupertinoCA
    replied

i keep wanting to finish it to find out. i probably will eventually.

Leave a comment:

• Greenwood
    Regular

• Greenwood
    replied

Originally posted by nathanq
    So did anyone end up getting through this thing and finding out what makes this good?

What the hell does the second act comprise of?

Wow. That's pretty bad. No offense to the writer, more power to him, but it's pretty bad when a bunch of people in a thread are virtually daring each other to finish your script -- and it's NOT a horror script. lol

I definitely couldn't finish it. I figure that even if I did, it wouldn't matter considering that I had zero interest (or understanding) in any of the characters that were intro'd in the first act, and if some fantastic twist or character development does pop later in the script -- well, then that will speak for itself as far as structure is conscerned.

Leave a comment:

• Greenwood
    Regular

• Greenwood
    replied

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
    Heard it went out in 2009 and was developed since, probably explains the Tonyness.
    DD's report of the sale (below) I found has it logged on 1/24/2010.

Though I'm not one of those that just assume that the original version of a script was somehow soooo much better before those evil lil h-wood people got their hands on'em -- I can't help but wonder if there was a better, more coherent original draft that got it thru the door.

Title:IonLogline:A man travels to different dimensions in an effort to find his reincarnated love.Writer:Will Dunn Agent:Mike Esola Agency:WME Manager:Tom Drumm Mngmnt Firm:Safran Company, The Prod. Co:Scott Free Productions Genre:Science Fiction Romance Logged:1/24/2010 More:Spec script. Option. Scott Free will develop and produce. Channing Tatum is attached to star

Leave a comment:

• ihavebiglips

• ihavebiglips
    replied

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
    With Ridley Scott involved. I'm sure those reading will know what I mean when I say it's got TONY written all over it...
    Heard it went out in 2009 and was developed since, probably explains the Tonyness.

Leave a comment:

• Twofingeredtypist

• Twofingeredtypist
    replied

Originally posted by cupertinoCA View Post
    it sold a couple of weeks ago to fox.
    With Ridley Scott involved. I'm sure those reading will know what I mean when I say it's got TONY written all over it...

Leave a comment:

• cupertinoCA
    Regular

• cupertinoCA
    replied

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
    Thanks, Cupertino!

When did this sell, by the way? I must have missed the notice in the trades. Who bought it?

Late Night Writer
    it sold a couple of weeks ago to fox.

Leave a comment:

• NikeeGoddess
    User

• NikeeGoddess
    replied

Originally posted by Jules View Post
    I'm wondering if this is the script that was posted on Trigger/Zoe a while back. Seems very similar. But I can't remember what it was called. And whatever the script was called, it was removed from triggerstreet along with my review.
    jules, you should remove that face!!!
    lol!

Leave a comment:

• LateNightWriter

• LateNightWriter
    replied

Thanks, Cupertino!

When did this sell, by the way? I must have missed the notice in the trades. Who bought it?

Late Night Writer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X