Zemeckis returning to live action with time travel tentpole.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zemeckis returning to live action with time travel tentpole.

Hey guys,

Robert Zemeckis is making his return to live action with a time travel script being penned by Mike Thompson (Steinbeck's Point of View). Plot details anyone?

http://www.deadline.com/tag/robert-zemeckis-timeless/

Just finished my time travel spec and it seems like every day I read about a new time travel story!

Read Johnson's Looper and have to say I wasn't very impressed.

Re: Zemeckis returning to live action with time travel tentpole.

Originally posted by TheHaloEffect View Post
    Just finished my time travel spec and it seems like every day I read about a new time travel story!
    Why the glum face? I have one too, so good luck to both of us! You just have to do the idea fresh and stay away from goofy stuff that the time travel freaks frown upon, like trying to change the past.

Comment

Halo -

There do seem to be a lot of time travel scripts out there. But don't worry. Just make sure your script is the best it can be and has something different. Some of the ones I've heard about may never get produced.

I have a script I'm planning to write that deals with the subject in a completely different way than anything I've heard or read about. I can't say anymore than that.

But I will say, there can never be too many time travel scripts, if they're good. I love the subject. Hear that HW? If you make five good time travel films in one year, I'll see them all.
      "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Just saw where another script titled "Timeless" sold to Relativity...geezz..I marketed a horror script beginning about three years ago and have since seen two more go into development within last year with same antagonist..and they both put the word "The" in front of my one word title...oh wait, it's all "parallel thinking..." gotta stay positive..I'll get my turn one day perhaps..
        Last edited by heavenlysurfer; 11-21-2010, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X