Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Diamond...

This Scott Rosenberg script is always ranked as one of the top ten unproduced scripts on all the lists. I've read it and wow it is an amazing piece of screenwriting. I loved it. I'm sure there are any number of reasons that have prevented this from getting made up to now as there always are, but does anybody know the story? Who passed on this or was it in development hell? Is it tied up in legal trouble or might it one day get made?
    "This kid is going to be big"

Re: Johnny Diamond...

It's been a while since I've seen it, so my recollection might be off a bit... but Mike Deluca conducted an interview with Rosenberg for The Dialogue Series and he said L.A. Confidential -- which, according to him, was very similar to Johnny Diamond -- was released around the time his script started gaining heat. So, LAC pretty much prevented the project from moving forward.
    Last edited by DrumDog2112; 03-10-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Scott just sent me an update on the script. I will reword some but here goes:

Nothing is happening with it at all. He says he will never give up hope, because it's a favorite script of his. But in the current climate of films -- "Twilight" and all -- he feels/knows a "dark, adult, period drama" is tough to get going.

Ever few months he thinks about pushing to get it going again, but then something comes up and he gets distracted.

So that's the latest, the gang.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

My fave script of his is the Boston based draft of Gone In 60 Seconds... but JD is damned good too
        "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Ligline?
          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Working...
          X