Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridley Scott to direct new Blade Runner

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 11:54 AM.

Re: Ridley Scott to direct new Blade Runner

Time to die.
    -chris

Comment

As long as Ridley's involved, I have no complaints.
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

(take my comment either way)
        -chris

Comment

First the prequel to Alien, now this. Sounds like someone has just woke up and realized that he hasn't made a decent movie in twenty years.

Coming soon...the sequel to Thelma and Louise.
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I'm not sure if you're trying to say no Harrison Ford is a bad thing but that's actually the best news out of this story.

Seriously him and Bruce Willis need to reevaluate why they're still making movies. Neither of them seem to enjoy it all that much any more to the point where Ford acts like he's pissed at everything and everyone all the time and Willis looks like he's half asleep.

If they're only doing them for the money then they should really look at retirement. That is at least for a few years until they develop some real desire and passion for acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
              Coming soon...the sequel to Thelma and Louise.
              I'd watch the prequel. I'd love to see a movie about Thelma and Daryl.

Comment

I heard due to a major typo, instead of Harrison Ford, the new version will star Faith Ford... and the Lifetime channel is pissed!

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by AJ_FIN View Post
                    I was just pointing out that Ford probably won't be in it.
                    Cool. Well just take that as my opinion on the matter.

So what do you all think about the no Harrison Ford aspect? I feel like on camera and in all public appearances he's so off putting these days.

Like he couldn't be charming again to save his life. Old age kind of hit him hard. I don't think the American Psychiatric Association considers grumpiness a medical condition but he's definitely dealing with early onset grumpiness.

Comment

No ford is good news imo. Just leave the first one alone, plenty of lore elsewell in the story -- use that.
                      -chris

Comment

Cult following = $$$. Nuff said.

Look out for Big Lebowski prequel.
                        "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                        - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Bad idea. They can't possibly compete with the original, and Ridley's track record of late has been a bit... lackluster.

I know it's all opinion, but what worries me about Ridley taking on a new Blade Runner story is I don't really dig Ridley's take that Deckard is a replicant. That view opens a few plot holes which otherwise wouldn't exist (and don't, as far as I'm concerned).

I also think a human chasing robots much more powerful than he - and falling in love with one, which in turn revives his owned deadened humanity - is much more poignant a story than a robot chasing other robots, falling in love with one, then realizing he is one.

There's also a concurrent theme/question of when does something stop being a machine and start to qualify as human. The emotional depth of such a theme is greatly diminished if we see Deckard as a replicant. Why would we care if Deckard is a robot and discovers his own humanity if the other replicants have already discovered - and are now actively fighting for - their their dignity as human beings "Painful to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave" (love it!).

Either way, I guess Prometheus will be the 1st litmus test of if Ridley can still deliver a sci-fi gem.
                          12 Angry Men is proof that all you need is a bunch of good actors, good characters, clear motivations and a table. -- Ben Odgren; Go into the Story

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
                            Cult following = $$$. Nuff said.

Look out for Big Lebowski prequel.

Actually, Joel and Ethan Coen were tooling with the idea of a spin-off sequel, involving "De Jesus".
                            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X