Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Bunch remake possibly helmed by Tony Scott

I like Scott and the writer Brian Helgeland, who's been on this for a while, but..."If they remake it, kill 'em!"

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118041524
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Wild Bunch remake possibly helmed by Tony Scott

I'll go ahead and utter the blasphemy now: I'm not a big fan of the original The Wild Bunch.

Let the piling on begin.

HH

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Wow? Although I think Scott and Helgeland are great, I don't want to see a remake of this classic, but I will, just out of curiousity to see if they can top Peckinpaugh.

What I always hoped to see was a continuation of the where the original ended. It ended with the characters Sykes and Thornton joining the Mexican revolution after the rest of the bunch died in the climatic shoot-out. The bunch also buried their gold together before going back for Angel. So the cache of gold was left somewhere in the Mexican mountains.

Comment

Hasn't it been suggested Walter Hill's Extreme Prejudice was a sort-of remake of The Wild Bunch?

Adore the Peckinpah film, but Hill's film is a hoot. Guilty pleasure with some funny dialogue.
          @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by AJ_FIN
            Renny Harlin to remake The Clockwork Orange.
            Gotta be Tim Burton, come on now.

Comment

I heard they were doing a cross-over - WILD BUNCH remake *and* SMURFS sequel.

- Bill
              Free Script Tips:
              http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Last edited by AJ_FIN; 06-08-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I've been spending less time on DD for the sake of my script, but I could not ignore this thread.

I was trying to find an emoticon that shows a smiley face shoving a red hot fire poker into its eyes because that might approximate what I'd feel seeing a Wild Bunch remake.

I can't help asking the question what stone was left unturned by the original???????? What was unxeplored??????? Peckinpah, for lack of a better expression, shot his auteur's wad with that movie. I can't see what new ground would be found in a remake.

And Tony Scott? Oy vey! I just watched Unstoppable last night and while it was decent fare there was the usual Tony Scott shakey-cam/quick cut editing and reluctance to just hold on the powerful force that was a train out of control. Early Spielberg would have had me glued to my seat with that kind of a subject.
                  #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Working...
                  X