Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Arrow nears Pilot order at CW

Should have been a "Smallville" spin-off, but what do I know? Funny that the character almost had a show on CBS in the early 90s, but we all know what happened to "The Flash"

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/cw-n...m/#more-213991
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Green Arrow nears Pilot order at CW

Green Arrow?

It might last half a season unless it's absolutely brilliant.

Nobody cares about the Green Arrow.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
      Green Arrow?

Agreed. No one cared about Green Hornet, and the studio thought skinny Seth Rogen would change that. When it didn't, they kind of threw up their hands, and unless this is done as well as Smallville, it won't last.

Comment

Smallville was a fresh take... even though I wasn't a fan.

I'd likely catch the pilot if I was in when it was on, just because I'd be curious how it was handled, otherwise, I don't/can't see the appeal.
        But who knows - perhaps someone saw Hawkeye was a part of The Avengers and figured they'd give it a shot?

Let's be honest though: bows and arrows in the age of 1,000-rounds-per-minute hand guns doesn't make much sense, does it?
        Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
          Smallville was a fresh take... even though I wasn't a fan.

I'd likely catch the pilot if I was in when it was on, just because I'd be curious how it was handled, otherwise, I don't/can't see the appeal.
          But who knows - perhaps someone saw Hawkeye was a part of The Avengers and figured they'd give it a shot?

Let's be honest though: bows and arrows in the age of 1,000-rounds-per-minute hand guns doesn't make much sense, does it?
          Oh, I'm sure he'd have a machine bow. If it were FOX.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher jon View Post
            Green Arrow?

Guess I'm nobody...
            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
            X