Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Exec...WTF??!!

I don't know if you have any insight or background info on what happened but do you or anyone else know how Guillermo Arriaga got thje deal he did for "Babel"? (Just happened today) I've been lurking for a couple of years and this was the first thing that got me to sign up.

Further, what (if anything) does this mean for sales in general?

I don't know all the details, but Arriaga is not, of course, getting $20 million himself. The $20 mil is for everything: script, director, producers, and probably in some way the stars being attached. That's why we noted "(rights package)" next to the amount -- emphasis on package.

CE might have heard some more behind the scenes on the deal but this shouldn't really mean anything for sales in general, if I'm understanding what you are asking.

Comment

Based on the logline, and the fact that the package includes the rights, my guess is that Endeavor just sold the true-story rights to a couple affected by the Tsunami in Indonesia.

Think about it. Let's say you're Endeavor, and you've got someone with a compelling story from the greatest human tragedy in recorded history, and you can attach two of your biggest stars to it....

You just put it out and say "Gentlemen, Titanic 2... who wants it?"

20 million is chump change compared to the money this'll make.

Comment

Congrats to Tao....

....'s agent.

Comment

Am I.....

I suspected this was coming? My posting two weeks about. $2M against $23M? Coincidence, another sign maybe?

Comment

Working...
          X