No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They can't be serious...

Title: Jamie's Kitchen
    Log Line: In New York, a chef trains a group of underprivileged kids to staff the kitchen for his first restaurant.
    Writer: Kyle Long
    Agent: Gersh Agency
    Buyer: Qwerty Films
    Price: n/a
    Genre: Drama
    Logged: 6/18/04
    More: To be based on the British TV series starring Jamie Oliver, aka the Naked Chef. Qwerty Films' Michael Kuhn to produce.

For those of who've watched the British reality TV show, you'd probably agree that the word "underprivileged" should be replaced with "delinquent deadbeats who are lazy in life and never bothered to turn up to Jamie's cooking lessons because 'they can't be arsed', and all threw it back into Jamie's face despite his best efforts to help them personally and professionally, and were all too stupid to realize a good thing when they see it. Many would've killed to take on what Jamie had to offer, but with these deadbeats? Nah, they were too lazy to get out of their bed, catch the bus to Jamie's kitchen, and learn how to boil a egg."

it's for real

anything based on something that already exists is what spineless hollywood types are looking for. if it's a magazine article, an old t.v. show or an old movie, it must be good, therefore today's audience will eat it up - this is the thought process of the unable to think for themselves hollywood exec.s and producers. sour grapes on my part, for sure, but still, it'd be nice to see some more fresh ideas making it to the big screen. the current trends are limiting this hope.

Comment

novel ideas

I forgot to add novels and comic books to my previous rant. Okay, if it has previously existed and someone else has read it, it must be good, therefore, it will make a worthwhile movie. Or, if the writer has written previous scripts which have been made into movies, then the writer's new script must also be good and turned into a movie. I am a robot. I am uncapable of original thought. I think in terms of dollars and cents. My program does not allow me to go out on a limb. Please help.

Comment

Re: novel ideas

I think they're going to turn this into a fictionalized version, a heartwarming drama with the chef serving as a mentor/father-figure to the troubled youths. Could definately work in that respect.

Comment

I think they have this type of thing in southeast Asia, except it's called a sweatshop instead of a restaurant and the kids make shoes instead of cooking food.

--Reagan

www.geocities.com/rdwilli...r_Web.html

Comment

Such cynicism

And I thought I was cynical? This was a compelling piece of television, in no small part because Jamie had put everything he had financially on the line for these young people, including his house. Also most of what he went through with them conicided with his wife being pregnant. So it was certainly high stakes - his marriage and financial future both on the line.

As for being 'deadbeats', yes a good few of them were a complete pain in the arse. But quite a few have gone on to do very well and help establish the restaurant that was set-up into one of the hottest places to eat in London.

Comment

Re: Such cynicism

All you Non-British citizen's using this board (The majority i am sure).

I cant believe they are about to inflict this drivel upon you.

If the actor designated to portray Jamie does his job well he will give you an idea of what this 'orrible little man is all about

Granted, the kids on his show were a pain in the arse but so would i be if i had to put up with his constant "chirpy cockney geezer" type attitude Jamie attempts to display to the public.

Comment

Re: Such cynicism

Fie on you cynics. Jamie Oliver is aka the Naked Chef. Maybe this will be Hollywoodized into an erotic thriller. Get rid of the kids, replace them with 18 and 19 year old runaways. Throw in a couple guys with guns, a car chase, maybe a pie fight - how long has it been since HW filmed a pie fight? Blazing Saddles? - use something food topical - poison Hungarian paprika, shrimp dumping (which is different from 'shrimping') perhaps an egg scandal. This could be "Showgirls" for the Food Network.

Comment

Working...
                X