Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Cloning Christ" movie scam

I clicked teh Writer's Beware blog -- good job.

Amazing how reputable online magazines take this con man's press release seriously making it seem legitimate.

There is a great con story here for the screen.
    Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I agree with the other posters who stated there is a great story here for a movie about your experience. Although it was a very painful experience for you to go through, there is definitely humor in the tragedy here. An example is the fake call to "Gary Sinise's wife" -- this Peter guy is so absolutely pathetic that he's humorous.

Writing it might be therapeutic!

Comment

Well, if that is the way the guy who was claiming to be releated to him was spelling his name, that should have been a major clue that something wasn't right, cause that is not how Gary Sinise spells his name...."Senese."
        "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Writers Beware and Preditors and Editors were my first port of call back when my focus was on publishing - and for those out there with an interest in adapting existing or proposed books, definitely worth checking them out. Even if they don't have the contact on the website, you can email them to ask (I think you still can) and they'll check around for you. (Obviously, don't be lazy about it - it's a great option when you can't find anything out the usual ways.)

Victoria was a wealth of info back on Writers Net (a forum I used to visit) and continues to help writers around the world. When she talks, I listen. FWIW.
          sigpic

Website
          Tweets
          Book

Comment

Working...
          X