Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

    I wouldn't be surprised if David Fincher got attached to direct it.

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...bs-sony-324794
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

    "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

  • #2
    Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

    You mean Steve Jobs gets to have his bio adapted by Aaron Sorkin.
    what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

      Originally posted by Kwinnky View Post
      You mean Steve Jobs gets to have his bio adapted by Aaron Sorkin.

      Whoops. Sorry, man.
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

      "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

        Misplaced modifier. By saying Steve "gets to have", it implies that he is in a position to receive it; which sadly for the world at large, this is no longer the case. It's more appropriate to say Aaron gets to have it; or better still that Aaron will receive it, is in line for it, or is just one talented lucky guy.

        Wow, was that pendantic or what? I've been doing too much editing lately!
        life happens
        despite a few cracked pots-
        and random sunlight

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

          the most ironic part of it all...SONY is making Steve Job's bio.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

            Originally posted by nathanq View Post
            the most ironic part of it all...SONY is making Steve Job's bio.

            You would think it would be Disney since they have ties with the company he once owned, Pixar. However, excluding "The Help", Disney hasn't been interested in making serious adult-themed films for a while.
            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

            "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

              Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
              Disney hasn't been interested in making serious adult-themed films for a while.
              Then they shouldn't have a problem with this one...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

                Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                Disney hasn't been interested in making serious adult-themed films for a while.
                Originally posted by Dr. Vergerus View Post
                Then they shouldn't have a problem with this one...
                Rimshot!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

                  Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                  You would think it would be Disney since they have ties with the company he once owned, Pixar. However, excluding "The Help", Disney hasn't been interested in making serious adult-themed films for a while.
                  Trust me, this won't be a flattering portrait.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

                    Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
                    Trust me, this won't be a flattering portrait.
                    I don't expect any less.
                    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

                    "A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

                      Originally posted by asjah8 View Post
                      Misplaced modifier. By saying Steve "gets to have", it implies that he is in a position to receive it; which sadly for the world at large, this is no longer the case. It's more appropriate to say Aaron gets to have it; or better still that Aaron will receive it, is in line for it, or is just one talented lucky guy.

                      Wow, was that pendantic or what? I've been doing too much editing lately!
                      Um well if you meant pedantic, then, yes. and :P
                      #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

                        Originally posted by Ire View Post
                        Um well if you meant pedantic, then, yes. and :P
                        LOL. Touche!
                        life happens
                        despite a few cracked pots-
                        and random sunlight

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Aaron Sorkin gets to adapt Steve Jobs bio

                          Can't say I would have picked anyone else for the job. Sorkin could make my biography interesting if he wanted to.
                          Twitter: @jboffer

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X