Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

    http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/univ...hicle/#respond

    I know a lot people talked about this script. Wahlberg is a good fit for the role.

  • #2
    Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

    Congrats to Tyler. Look forward to seeing this one make it to the big screen

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

      The director attached is incredible.
      It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

        The comments section is hilarious.

        And good for Tyler, who should receive all the credit, not a screenplay review site.

        HH

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

          Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
          The comments section is hilarious.

          And good for Tyler, who should receive all the credit, not a screenplay review site.

          HH
          What if the script wouldn't have sold without a screenplay review site? Objectively, if that's the case, then wouldn't the site deserve a sliver of credit?
          Twitter: @jboffer

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

            No.

            As has been stated a gazillion times before, an entertaining, well written script will get noticed regardless of the machinations of Carson and his acolytes.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

              Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
              No.

              As has been stated a gazillion times before, an entertaining, well written script will get noticed regardless of the machinations of Carson and his acolytes.
              Maybe. Eventually.

              You're telling me it wouldn't make a difference if Carson wasn't around pushing this script?

              Lets say you finished your script and send it to Carson, who put it in their TOP 10 and send it to all of his contacts.

              Are you telling me that would get the same results as you sending emails from Agency to Agency, from Manager to Manager begging them to read your work?

              He send his script to ONE person and he had people calling him 10 hours a day to buy his script or sign him,

              Come on.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

                Is the script getting made because Carson sent it around? Demonstrably, no.

                If it were that simple, then all of Carson's Top 25 scripts would be in production.

                The script is getting made because it is entertaining and well written. Full stop.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

                  You live in a black and white world there, Rhodi.

                  Carson apparently either has to be the ultimate screenwriting puppet master controlling the fate of every Hollywood script, or, he couldn't have possibly had any influence whatsoever on the outcome of this story.
                  Twitter: @jboffer

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

                    You're the one making the unsupportable claim that it wouldn't have sold without a script review site. Did the script sell because of the method it reached studios? NO. Perhaps (a big perhaps) it reached prominence quicker than it would have thanks to SS, but it certainly didn't sell because of that. Why can't you simply accept that answer?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

                      Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
                      You're the one making the unsupportable claim that it wouldn't have sold without a script review site. Did the script sell because of the method it reached studios? NO. Perhaps (a big perhaps) it reached prominence quicker than it would have thanks to SS, but it certainly didn't sell because of that. Why can't you simply accept that answer?
                      Dude, watch out. These are ridiculous claims.

                      JHH. Just Hail Him.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

                        Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
                        No.

                        As has been stated a gazillion times before, an entertaining, well written script will get noticed regardless of the machinations of Carson and his acolytes.
                        bullshit, Carson was the reason it got read by producers and industry people. It was his contacts that got the buzz going, If Taylor was even close to getting the script sold or read even then he wouldn't have sent it to SS.
                        Most can't get their script read or out of the deleted folder for that matter.
                        If the person who actually got his sold acredited SS, maybe just maybe you can in your black and white world. You're in denial.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

                          The **** you people argue about...
                          Ring-a-ding-ding, baby.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

                            Originally posted by TBEagle View Post
                            Most can't get their script read or out of the deleted folder for that matter
                            That's because most are total garbage.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disciple Program Sells w/Mark Wahlberg

                              Originally posted by Rhodi View Post
                              That's because most are total garbage.
                              Nice excuse there, how can they know they're garbage if they won't even read it?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X