Will Smith Reportedly to star & produce "Wild Bunch" remake.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Smith Reportedly to star & produce "Wild Bunch" remake.

One word: ****!

http://www.slashfilm.com/will-smith-...-bunch-remake/

How much does anyone want to bet that he kicked himself for dumping "Django Unchained"? If I were him, I'd develop an Obama biopic. No need to cine-piss on Sam Peckinpah; the man has been through enough!
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: Will Smith Reportedly to star & produce "Wild Bunch" remake.

He chose to remake a pre existing property even with all those unsold spec Westerns out there?

Unfortunately, that makes sense from a business standpoint, better get busy turning my spec Western into pre existing property. I have a feeling this trend will only increase.

Comment

It's not a western. It's going to take place in present day. It's a re-imagining. He's gonna play a disgraced DEA agent who teams up with others to take down drug Cartel.

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
        It's not a western. It's going to take place in present day. It's a re-imagining. He's gonna play a disgraced DEA agent who teams up with others to take down drug Cartel.
        Oh okay, kind of like he did with The Karate Kid. There will still be a huge built in audience who loved the original Wild Bunch who will be curious to see this re-imagining if they keep the title.

Personally, I've had enough of remakes for a while so I'll cast my vote against by staying home or just catching a bootleg if I get too curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
          How is that any different from your usual actioner involving a drug cartel?

The thing I love about Peckinpah's "Bunch" (been a fan since high school) is that it flipped and destroyed the expectations associated with the American Western-genre film. Good guys kill the bad guys, save the town, get the girls, etc.

Not in "Bunch". Hell, no. Seeing it more than once influenced me as a writer (I even have an remake idea that may be more...interesting) and a fan of Sam's (seen twelve of his fourteen films). When you have a film that has two-bookend gun battles and the beauty and ugliness of humanity in the inside, you have something really special and unique, and no remake can really compare to that.
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I was very tired when I first read this thread... initial reaction WTF!!! Who's he going to play Butch or Sundance?

LOL I love being that tired, the world seems so much more surreal.
            I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
              I was very tired when I first read this thread... initial reaction WTF!!! Who's he going to play Butch or Sundance?

LOL I love being that tired, the world seems so much more surreal.
              Note to those who aren't in on the joke: "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid" and "The Wild Bunch" are two different westerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                Note to those who aren't in on the joke: "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid" and "The Wild Bunch" are two different westerns.
                Thanks. Are you available for comedy clubs Q&A?

Comment

Smith can do TWB, and do it well, if he hires Chuck Palahniuk to rewrite the script, meth addicts to do the stunts, and doses himself on angel dust and belladonna for each scene that ends up in the can. That's a movie I'd pay not to see....

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
                    Thanks. Are you available for comedy clubs Q&A?
                    Nope. I'm writing.

Comment

That Denzel/Markey-Mark thing looked fun.

Comment

Working...
                      X