No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preacher Comic to be AMC TV series

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111477

Damn. If done right this series could be a huge hit. I'd rather see Preacher on HBO, because AMC is notoriously cheap. Can't believe HBO had this and let it slip through their fingers.

Hopefully the source material is done justice.

Re: Preacher Comic to be AMC TV series

Fantastic. One of the best comic series ever. Stoked to see this get the AMC treatment, honestly.
    @ZOlkewicz - Don't follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Always hoped this and Hellblazer (Constantine) would get the cable TV treatment.
      @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
        http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111477

Damn. If done right this series could be a huge hit. I'd rather see Preacher on HBO, because AMC is notoriously cheap. Can't believe HBO had this and let it slip through their fingers.

Hopefully the source material is done justice.
        Actually, the Preacher idea lost out to "True Blood" since HBO had a history with showrunner Alan Ball ("Six Feet Under").
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Yeah, I remember that. I like True Blood. But, now that it's ending this would've been the perfect opportunity for HBO to pick up Preacher. There's no way AMC outbid HBO for the project

Maybe HBO decided it already had been down that path and wasn't interested. Oh well. Regardless I'm hyped for the series.

Comment

William Fincher for the Saint of Killers, please.

Comment

Working...
            X